platon42.de
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    Posts: 10542 from 2003/5/22
    From: Germany
    > you think that this is indeed a joke

    Yes.

    > and they are saying "bye.." to MOS 1.4?

    No.
  • »31.10.07 - 20:36
    Profile
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    Posts: 10542 from 2003/5/22
    From: Germany
    > I dont remember such even when ann.lu was active

    I remember similar incidents on ann.lu, for instance with Jan-Erik 'TRG' Karlsson who left the Amiga after users moaned about missing program descriptions with his software release news.
  • »31.10.07 - 21:06
    Profile
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    Posts: 10542 from 2003/5/22
    From: Germany
    > are any of these people on the MorphOS 2.0 team?

    Yes, at least Piru and Henes.

    > Is the new version in any trouble from these events?

    I don't think so. But maybe USB stack inclusion...
  • »31.10.07 - 21:15
    Profile
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    beanbandit
    Posts: 50 from 2006/4/19
    @Andreas_Wolf

    Eeehhhh.... No I did NOT leave the amiga,
    I changed ISP, stopped going to ann.lu, crashed the old Amiga... bought a Peg-II etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

    'last' thing I did for the 'Amiga' (actually Morphos)
    was a new version of Scare which is available at if-archive
    which was uploaded there roughly a month ago.
  • »31.10.07 - 21:28
    Profile
  • MorphOS Developer
    tokai
    Posts: 1289 from 2003/2/25
    From: binaryriot
    I don't want the "Bye..." on my homepages missunderstood as some kind of lame joke. It is not a joke. It also doesn't mean I'll stop developing MorphOS software. I only would do that for 'technical' (be it software or hardware) reasons.

    This also has nothing to do with PAB. The guy is a completly irrelevant factor for my decision to switch to the new homepage layout.


    It's my sign of respect towards platon42 and his work I appreciate very much. Maybe the current events of all the sites/ authors showing solidarity with him will tell there are also normal people left in the 'market' and it still can be fun to be around and hack some stuff together. It will hopefully also wake up the users who usally are too lazy to give positive feedback. If a developer only reads the negative/ useless 'feedback' in the troll controlled comment areas on sites like amiganews.de it's for sure not very motivating in the long run. I don't know how large the amount of positive/ useful/ constructive feedback (in form of emails, comments, etc.) is which platon42 recieves, but it looks like it was maybe not large enough to overrule the an.de comments trash talk.

    regards,
    tokai

    (I only speaking for myself, but I guess the other authors who joined the solidarity action think about the issue in a similiar way)
  • »31.10.07 - 22:53
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    Posts: 1887 from 2003/10/19
    From: Oxnard, Ca.
    Well see ya all then, I for one think this is lame, and stupid in the highest plane.

    I see floods of comments every time new product is released or new software and updates. If you need to act like a child to get attention from all of us then its fine, your all dead to me now.

    The Mac has more to offer, why dont those of you that want to free yourself from MS sell off your hardware and get one. Leopard is by far the best OS ever released to date.
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ (Currently Main MorphOS Machine)
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 (Registration #1894)
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
    AmigaOne X5000
    Need Amiga recap or other services in the USA? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com
  • »01.11.07 - 00:04
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Phantom
    Posts: 381 from 2004/9/7
    Quote:

    The Mac has more to offer, why dont those of you that want to free yourself from MS sell off your hardware and get one. Leopard is by far the best OS ever released to date.


    You can stuck with your Mac, but you will never change my mind about Amiga. Goodbye.
  • »01.11.07 - 00:40
    Profile
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Posts: 423 from 2005/4/9
    From: magyarorszag/h...
    apple seems to be worse than m$ now. i say f * k 'em! dont like their hardware, their style and the hype 'round them. osx is lookin good but not as useful as windows, more centralized (no way to be "different"), then why bother? i love amiga, my peg and mos, love the ppl behind it and it cant be told about apple... hope tha few remaining amigans/morphers think the same way.

    [ Edited by sadddam on 2007/11/1 1:57 ]
    DEAD pegII/G4@1000.1gb ram.radeon 9200pro
    240 gigz hd.nec dvdrw.MorphOS 2.4 DEAD
    -=-=-=-
    amiga1200T.blizzardppc@180/040@25.96megz ram
    -=-=-=-=-
    zx.spectrum@3.5
  • »01.11.07 - 00:56
    Profile Visit Website
  • Moderator
    hooligan
    Posts: 1935 from 2003/2/23
    From: Lahti, Finland
    Quote:


    tokai wrote:
    I don't want the "Bye..." on my homepages missunderstood as some kind of lame joke. It is not a joke. It also doesn't mean I'll stop developing MorphOS software. I only would do that for 'technical' (be it software or hardware) reasons.

    This also has nothing to do with PAB. The guy is a completly irrelevant factor for my decision to switch to the new homepage layout.


    It's my sign of respect towards platon42 and his work I appreciate very much. Maybe the current events of all the sites/ authors showing solidarity with him will tell there are also normal people left in the 'market' and it still can be fun to be around and hack some stuff together. It will hopefully also wake up the users who usally are too lazy to give positive feedback. If a developer only reads the negative/ useless 'feedback' in the troll controlled comment areas on sites like amiganews.de it's for sure not very motivating in the long run. I don't know how large the amount of positive/ useful/ constructive feedback (in form of emails, comments, etc.) is which platon42 recieves, but it looks like it was maybe not large enough to overrule the an.de comments trash talk.

    regards,
    tokai

    (I only speaking for myself, but I guess the other authors who joined the solidarity action think about the issue in a similiar way)


    Solidarity is ok, but the way it was given was a bit lame, maybe a little bit more thought should have been given about it. For example why didnt you all just go to that forum and confronted the accuser saying "hey! pal, youre wrong, and heres to prove it"... an army of highclass developers would surely shutup anyone. Your(as in all of you participants) intentions were good but it shows this "solidarityproject" backfired. I knew this was going to happen just minutes after the sites were altered, ask Harry, he has logs ;-)

    Anyhow, I respect Platons decision and wis him all the best. You will be greatly missed.
    www.mikseri.net/hooligan <- Free music
  • »01.11.07 - 05:12
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    Posts: 10542 from 2003/5/22
    From: Germany
    > I don't want the "Bye..." on my homepages missunderstood
    > as some kind of lame joke. It is not a joke [...]
    > It's my sign of respect towards platon42 and his work I
    > appreciate very much.
    > [...] all the sites/ authors showing solidarity with him [...]
    > I guess the other authors who joined the solidarity
    > action think about the issue in a similiar way

    Okay, so I obviously fell for Kronos' statement saying it was some kind of joke. I mean, he allegedly was an IRC witness after all...
  • »01.11.07 - 10:28
    Profile
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    Posts: 1887 from 2003/10/19
    From: Oxnard, Ca.
    Joke or no joke this is the final straw, I am tired of spending all this money for hardware that is way more then it should be, in the past it was fine because it supported the great platforms and the people making it that we all love. Its now to the point that some are way to big in the head for this and its over. Things will not get better if this is what we have to expect in the future. It was a good ride, but I have more important things to worry about.
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ (Currently Main MorphOS Machine)
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 (Registration #1894)
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
    AmigaOne X5000
    Need Amiga recap or other services in the USA? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com
  • »01.11.07 - 10:33
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    Posts: 2583 from 2003/2/24
    @Andreas_Wolf

    Quote:

    > and they are saying "bye.." to MOS 1.4?

    No.


    Well MorphOS != Amiga after all, at least according to _PAB_ & company, so... ;-)
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »01.11.07 - 10:56
    Profile
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    Posts: 2583 from 2003/2/24
    Quote:


    Acill wrote:
    Joke or no joke this is the final straw, I am tired of spending all this money for hardware that is way more then it should be, in the past it was fine because it supported the great platforms and the people making it that we all love. Its now to the point that some are way to big in the head for this and its over.


    I think some developers are *entitled* to a big ego, their accomplishments grants them that, and Platon42 is one of those IMHO. However, after reading about this on amiga.org and moobunny (:-o) I do *not* feel that this is a result of some kind of ego-trip from him.
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »01.11.07 - 11:06
    Profile
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    Posts: 10542 from 2003/5/22
    From: Germany
    > No I did NOT leave the amiga

    Ah okay, so I stand corrected then and have to apologize. I thought you left for the Mac. But nice to see that you actually *did* "intend to get any of that crap" in the end ;-)

    ...btw, what is this MOSilator thing you mentioned occasionally?

    http://web.archive.org/web/20050205201940/http://hem.fyristorg.com/TRG/news_Main.html (2004-12-28)
    http://www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/archive-search.fcgi?query=mosilator&list=simplemail-usr
    http://web.archive.org/web/20050407082340/http://hem.fyristorg.com/TRG/

    And the bits about "3DFX stuff including a full version of (SGI's) OpenGL (not Mesa or miniGL) which drives the Voodoo's directly (not any Warp3D shite) so one has complete access to stuff like FSAA FX engine" and "3DFX's Arcade libraries" (from the first link) sound interesting too. Did anything come off from that?
  • »01.11.07 - 11:42
    Profile
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    breed
    Posts: 33 from 2004/7/6
    From: Montpellier, F...
    Amiga users would better say "Thanks you!" to Platon for bringing an excellent USB stack to a so small platform than complaining and trolling... And that's rigth for other devs...

    breed, just reading MZ sometimes...
    Download FroGGui and my tracks here
  • »01.11.07 - 12:28
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    tarbos
    Posts: 221 from 2003/4/20
    >but I have more important things to worry about.

    ...such as fixing your own homepage? ;-)

    [ Edited by tarbos on 2007/11/1 13:43 ]
  • »01.11.07 - 12:42
    Profile
  • phx
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    phx
    Posts: 60 from 2005/3/29
    From: Herford, Germany
    Quote:


    tokai wrote:
    [..platon42..]
    It will hopefully also wake up the users who usally are too lazy to give positive feedback. If a developer only reads the negative/ useless 'feedback' in the troll controlled comment areas on sites like amiganews.de it's for sure not very motivating in the long run. I don't know how large the amount of positive/ useful/ constructive feedback (in form of emails, comments, etc.) is which platon42 recieves, but it looks like it was maybe not large enough to overrule the an.de comments trash talk.


    My experience is that he ignores feedback. So I don't care, and never contacted him again.
  • »01.11.07 - 15:27
    Profile Visit Website
  • rms
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    rms
    Posts: 585 from 2004/11/27
    phx wrote:
    My experience is that he ignores feedback. So I don't care, and never contacted him again.

    This is not true, every time I've sent him some bug report, e-mail, etc. he replied! Sometime it takes a bit longer but he always replied. Often he replied with a new version to test...

    Regards

    Christoph
  • »02.11.07 - 09:26
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Get27
    Posts: 87 from 2004/8/23
    RMS : +1
    PowerMac 3.5, G4 1.0GHz DP, 1 GB ram, 80GB HD + NAS, Radeon 9600 128MB Mac, 22" 1680x1050
    PowerMac 7.3, G5 2.3GHz DP, 4 GB ram, 160GB HD + NAS, Radeon 9800 128MB PC flashed, 22" 1680x1050
    Amiga 500+, 68010, 2MB chipram, 4MB fastram, IDE68k, HxC Floppy E
  • »02.11.07 - 10:32
    Profile Visit Website
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Kamul
    Posts: 121 from 2004/6/9
    From: Poland, Katowice
    Quote:


    This is not true, every time I've sent him some bug report, e-mail, etc. he replied! Sometime it takes a bit longer but he always replied.


    I must agree with Christoph. I've sent a few e-mails to Platon and he was always replying. Usually really fast. He is one of the developers you writing to with a pleasure.
  • »02.11.07 - 10:33
    Profile
  • Ex-Member
    Posts: 74 from 2004/6/15
    Quote:


    phx wrote:

    My experience is that he ignores feedback. So I don't care, and never contacted him again.



    I replied to your mail sent in August pretty quickly, but it bounced (spam filter or something) and I couldn't find any other email address on short notice, so I gave up. I didn't know that you had an account here either...

    But yes, there are in fact some emails I don't reply to, but in this case, I at least tried.
    Bye...
    Chris Hodges
  • »02.11.07 - 12:02
    Profile
  • phx
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    phx
    Posts: 60 from 2005/3/29
    From: Herford, Germany
    Quote:


    I replied to your mail sent in August pretty quickly, but it bounced (spam filter or something) and I couldn't find any other email address on short notice, so I gave up. I didn't know that you had an account here either...


    Then I'm sorry. There are certainly many persons who I never contacted again after technical difficulties. ;)

    There is an alternative email-address on my home-page, in case of problems. But we have installed very strong anti-spam measures on both email-servers, which don't allow connects from dynamic IPs or unresolvable host names, for example.
  • »02.11.07 - 12:42
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Zylesea
    Posts: 1900 from 2003/6/4
    You could have tried the according yahoo list (okay, I know yahoo suxx). Requests are handled just fine there. The option to access the messages via the yahoo page makes it easy to bypass restrict spam filters.
    --
    http://www.via-altera.de

    Whenever you're sad just remember the world is 4.543 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie.
    ...and Matthias , my friend - RIP
  • »02.11.07 - 13:34
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Korni
    Posts: 439 from 2006/2/23
    From: the Planet of ...
    I agree with tokai. However i would add few more words. I don't read amiga-news.de comments often, but i know how troll can be disturbing. On Morphzone.org it isn't visible because it is focused mainly on MorphOS. Usually i'm too lazy to fight against trolls by telling them how they are $^*#% $#@%*%^ etc. They will be always trolls, so i don't see point of arguing. I prefer to do sth more constructive but i'm surprised that some people believe in that troll's shit. So in reply to trollism i joined to "Bye..." idea.

    SAY NO TO TROLLISM! :)

    P.S: My site will be available as soon as possible, maybe by other hosting provider. I have serious problems with ovh.org since September, sometimes it's hell slow, even unreachable, anyway it sucks ;).
    http://korni.ppa.pl/modkowypaczek/ | My Rifle, My Bunny, and Me
  • »02.11.07 - 15:58
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Posts: 423 from 2005/4/9
    From: magyarorszag/h...
    thanks for the info!
    its good to know that not all hope is lost:))

    chris, please come back! we need you:)))

    oh, and yes, say no to trollism!!!


    [ Edited by sadddam on 2007/11/2 20:42 ]
    DEAD pegII/G4@1000.1gb ram.radeon 9200pro
    240 gigz hd.nec dvdrw.MorphOS 2.4 DEAD
    -=-=-=-
    amiga1200T.blizzardppc@180/040@25.96megz ram
    -=-=-=-=-
    zx.spectrum@3.5
  • »02.11.07 - 19:41
    Profile Visit Website