The Surprisingly Fruity Release Thread
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    tokai
    Did you ever wonder... how your memory looks like when it is fragmented like hell?

Well... now you can with the funky new "Fragment" tool, which you can download from here for free:

http://tokai.binaryriot.org/fragment-1.2-200710210444.lha

There is no documentation, but it should be quite self-explaining.

Wrote it yesterday for my own pleasure and interest. It's probably not very useful, but I share anyway. If you have questions, feature requests or bugreports let me know here in this very thread. Maybe I'll answer, add or fix them if I'm in the mood. ;)

Embedded image

regards,
    tokai

(p.s. please do not cross-link the file directly or upload it to another server, but link to this thread instead. thanks.)

[ Edited by tokai on 2007/11/30 15:36 ]

(wtf.. who messes with my posts? reverted back to original state)

[ Edited by tokai on 2009/11/2 17:13 ]
  • »21.10.07 - 03:51
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    tokai
    @doctormorbius_fp

Quote:

I installed the new version two hours ago and it seems to work fine until now. The extended status line in the HTML interface is more useful. I will report problems, if any.

Sounds good. Only tested for 10 minutes here. ;-)

Quote:

So I suggest you compile a new non-working version on purpose just to receive a lot of comments and emails!

What about normal feature requests? :-) I'm usually open to any feature requests as long it makes sense and is not about window closebuttons. Usually a feature request (or a bug report of course) moves a project up in the todo queue. ;-) While most of my current high-priority toy projects are bound to MorphOS 1.5/3.0 already or stuck because of new MUI features there is always room for some 1.4-compatible release. :)

@stevo
    Quote:

Works ok with MOSNet btw (read: the previous builds, haven't tried this one yet, have some other things to do atm.

ok, sounds good. I only remember some ppl had noticable stability problems then or stuff. For MosNet the startscript needs some extensions, else it will tell you "no TCP/IP stack found". I once asked roschmyr already which port MosNet creates, but forgot. Just check with Scout on the Ports page if you see some MosNet specific port (NETTRACE maybe or something like that) and then just fix the script to detect this port too:

edit MLdonkey
    -------------
    Code:

; AmiTCP4/ Genesis
    waitforport AMITCP I=0 L=1
    if warn
    echo "No (compatible) TCP/IP stack detected..."
    quit
    endif

to:

Code:

; AmiTCP4/ Genesis
    waitforport AMITCP I=0 L=1
    if warn
    ; MosNet
    waitforport <insert_mosnet_port_here> I=0 L=1
    if warn
    echo "No (compatible) TCP/IP stack detected..."
    quit
    endif
    endif

regards,
    tokai
  • »02.02.08 - 23:20
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Bladerunner
    Quote:

And blame Bladerunner for not noticing the original author of his port and wasting my time. ;-)

Well actually I *tried* to contact the author of defendguin
    to tell him that I compiled it for MorphOS (As I still have absolutley no clue how to code *g* wasn`t more than a compile iirc I just added a morphOS Version string) however he never replied and I forgot to try it again. Maybe you are luckier than me :)
    (IIRC I have also compiled two other games from him)

For defendguin, well I actually tried to compile it just for my personal use, I had sooo much fun playing original defender on my Atari 2600 a hundred years ago or so ;)
  • »03.02.08 - 01:04
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    analogkid
    Hey tokai,

thanks for the new version of MLDonkey! I'm not using it regularly on MorphOS (because of reboots), but there are some files I'm loading with it on occasion. The new version is working nicely together with Mosnet (after the mentioned changes to the start-script), but not that fast, in regard to dl-speed (maybe it's MOSNet's fault). But nice work anyway.

Regarding to your Zool Iconpackage: Also very, very nice work, but I've to complain that there is a mistake in the readme (we're now in the year 2008 ;) )

[ Edited by analogkid on 2008/2/3 7:20 ]
  • »03.02.08 - 07:19
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    AKiLL
    @DoctorMorbius_FP

> I installed the new version two hours ago and it seems to work fine until now. The extended status line in the HTML interface is more useful. I will report problems, if any.
    What do u mean extended status line ???
    After installing new MLDonkey version (just copied over new mlnet file over the old one) it showed very confused new html interface. All buttons were on the right and the font was different. Then, uploaders command showed me a list and small uploaders country flag.
    The prob is that, after rebooting, I cannot see any difference in html interface, just the same aspect I had before upgrading. :(
    Anything wrong in my update ?
    ____

AKiLL
  • »03.02.08 - 18:34
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    tokai
    Theoretically the normal html_mod (with CSS and javascript and whatever) should work with Sputnik. Maybe worth a try. Dunno how well current Sputnik supports forms and whatever is required. Don't have it installed here yet (Marcik knows why ;-) ).

regards,
    tokai
  • »03.02.08 - 19:35
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    DoctorMorbius_FP
    @ AKiLL

> What do u mean extended status line ???

Now the number of downloaded megabytes is specified explicitly. :-)

Well, that is a tiny difference in the status line (the first line in the lower frame of the HTML interface), but is very important for me because when I activate the monitor after a night I can see soon the results of program activity... :-D

@ Tokai

Random freezing of the program seems to be still there.

@ all

Cure for random freezing (thanks to Amiga-man).

MLDonkey 2.9.3 sets loop_delay to 5 by default; users who observe random freezing of the program after 1-24 hours of continuous activity should set loop_delay to 60 (or a lower value if they are lucky). This lowers the CPU usage and slightly decreases the bandwidth usage. To do this change:

if mlnet is not running, users should simply edit the downlods.ini file, search for loop_delay and insert the new value;

if mlnet is running, users should access the general preference page in the browser. Type the command voo in the upper frame, and then find loop_delay in the lower frame and change it to the new value.

[ Edited by DoctorMorbius_FP on 2008/2/8 22:50 ]
    Powered by PegasosII-G4, MacMini, PowerMac MDD.
  • »03.02.08 - 19:55
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    tokai
    @doctormorbius_fp:

Quote:

Random freezing of the program seems to be still there, but the cure is now known (thanks to Stevo and others). MLDonkey 2.9.3 sets loop_delay to 5 by default; users who observe random freezing of the program after 1-24 hours of continuous activity should set loop_delay to 60 (or a lower value if they are lucky). This lowers the CPU usage and slightly decreases the bandwidth usage. To do this change:

I think this is already covered in the ReadMe too. Thanks for the hints anyway, probably useful for one or the other. :-)

regards,
    tokai
  • »03.02.08 - 21:06
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    AmigaMancer
    Many thanks to Tokai for the new version of mldonkey. I will try it ASAP. :-)
    Amiga 1200 user.
  • »08.02.08 - 19:15
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    tokai
    Another find from the depths of my archives...

Tooltype
    Manage tooltypes via commandline.

Quote:

Tooltype is a commandline tool for manipulation of the tooltype array wich is contained in icon files (#?.info).

Actually I don't know what this is good for really, but a few years back a friendly fellow on #amiganews.de (irc.freenode.net) asked me for such tool which works on MorphOS and since there was no proper one and I was bored at the time this little tool was created.

MorphOS Archive
    http://tokai.binaryriot.org/public/tooltype-1.2-morphos.lha

You can list (all), view values of (single), edit/update, add and delete tooltypes with this thingy (detailed usage examples are included in the Readme inside the archive). Maybe useful for some, so I decided to make it releasable and not let it decompose any longer on my harddisk.

regards,
    tokai
  • »09.02.08 - 15:16
    Profile Visit Website
    warface
    And some say there are no releases nowadays... Keep it up! :-)
  • »09.02.08 - 20:34
    Profile Visit Website
    analogkid
    @tokai:

thanks for finally releasing Tooltype, really nice and useful, at least at the time I asked you about it. :-)

EDIT: If you like to do some additional approvements to it, you could add something like a filter for icons in NewIcons format.

[ Edited by analogkid on 2008/2/10 6:56 ]
  • »10.02.08 - 06:50
    analogkid
    Very nice! Thanks for your creativity :-)
  • »12.02.08 - 16:00
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    tokai
    Still cleaning up old and useless sources when I'm in the mood... so here is another find:

Quote:

SerialEcho works like the AmigaDOS built-in command 'Echo', but its output is redirected to the serial port instead (which can be catched with another computer connected to the serial port or a tool like Sashimi).

SerialEcho is reentrant and can be made resident.

http://tokai.binaryriot.org/public/serialecho-50.1-morphos.lha
    http://tokai.binaryriot.org/public/serialecho-50.1-amigaos.lha

Sources (in case someone wants to port it to AROS, OS4 or whatever... else it's an example how to write an reentrant commandline tool):
    http://tokai.binaryriot.org/public/serialecho-50.1-source.tar.gz
    http://tokai.binaryriot.org/public/serialecho-50.1-source.tar.bz2

And now I'm off for some more interesting and useful stuff...
    tokai

UPDATE: an update is available at http://tokai.binaryriot.org/public/ New: OS4 version.

[ Edited by tokai on 2008/3/5 23:58 ]
  • »01.03.08 - 16:11
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    tokai
    Found more funny/usefull/useless (? you decide) stuff in the depths of my harddisk (still cleaning up things).

Made this nifty SDL port approx 4 years ago. Also noticed today there is a release of it on Aminet already, but hell its a very bad release... so here is a new one after all.

Quote:

Atakks is an Otthello-like clone clone for one or two players.

Quote:

This was one of my first SDL ports ever, but I never released it, because its interface is a bit sucky (important game messages only go to the standard output). But as usual that level of quality is good enough for others to make releases. Since my version is not only a build, but also contains some useful changes (e.g. it
    does not require 100% cpu usage while playing, etc.) and the other version on Aminet is a very low-quality release I decided to make a proper release myself after all. I didn't fixed the interface though, so this one is still a bit sucky... but you'll see. :)

Changes compared to orig. version:
    o removed extreme CPU usage for no reason
    o better 'Quit' handling during play
    o nifty iconx start script to catch the standard output in an acceptable way when game was started from Ambient
    o MorphOS icon
    o other cosmetics

Embedded image

MorphOS version:
    http://tokai.binaryriot.org/public/atakks-1.0-morphos.lha

Sources:
    http://tokai.binaryriot.org/public/atakks-1.0-source.tar.gz
    http://tokai.binaryriot.org/public/atakks-1.0-morphos.diff

The game might not have the perfect usability (UI wise), but its still fun to play if you like that kind of games.

regards,
    tokai

[ Edited by tokai on 2008/3/5 23:56 ]
  • »05.03.08 - 22:35
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    tokai
    Ever heard of MPD (Music Player Daemon)? No, don't be afraid.. I didn't either before analogkid pushed me to do this mind-bogging tool to be able to control it from MorphOS. It started out as simply clone of enqueueTorrent, but in the end a completly new product was born. I have no idea if it's really useful or not. Can't try it out myself really. ;-)

Quote:

MPDControl is a very basic commandline based client for the Music Player Daemon (short: MPD).

Music Player Daemon allows remote access for playing music (MP3, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, AAC, Mod, and Wave files) and managing playlists. MPD is designed for integrating a computer into a stereo system that provides control for music playback over a local network.

For more information about the Music Player Daemon visit its official site: http://musicpd.org/.

With MPDControl it is now possible to control a MPD server from MorphOS. E.g. have MPD running on an EFIKA with Linux and manage everything comfortably from a Pegasos with MorphOS. MPDControl can be used as a MMKeyboard or Toolmanager hotkey or be launched via some simple project icons and AmigaDOS scripts from a dedicated Ambient panel. The possibilities are numerous.

Personally I have no idea if MPDControl is really that useful (I coded it 'blindly' w/o having a MPD server running or access to one), but the person who needed it and did all the testing said it works fine: so, if something doesn't work then blame analogkid. ;-)

MorphOS Archive:
    http://tokai.binaryriot.org/public/mpdcontrol-0.3-morphos.lha

(please note that you need iconv.library v3 or better)

regards,
    tokai
  • »09.03.08 - 13:40
    Profile Visit Website
    analogkid
    You are my hero :) Again big thanks from me for creating this great little tool and investing your rare time into this project. I hope it will be as useful for other people as it is for me.
  • »09.03.08 - 19:32
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    tokai
    When I have time I'm still cleaning up old stuff... noticed a bug in my old RLEpack which had to be fixed, cleaned it up a bit and ported to 68k too for the fun of it.

Quote:

RLEpack crunches or decrunches any kind of binary data with an implementation of the RLE compression algorithm (known from many picture formats like BMP). RLEpack is a low level implementation, so no special file headers are written and therefore the resulting files are relatively useless for normal user purposes (better use gzip or bzip2 for such cases, they also compress better).

http://tokai.binaryriot.org/public/rlepack-1.3-morphos.lha
    http://tokai.binaryriot.org/public/rlepack-1.3-amigaos.lha

Sources:
    http://tokai.binaryriot.org/public/rlepack-1.3-source.tar.bz2
    http://tokai.binaryriot.org/public/rlepack-1.3-source.tar.gz

quite useless for normal usage, but maybe someone finds some use for it.

regards,
    tokai

[ Edited by tokai on 2008/4/2 21:20 ]
  • »02.04.08 - 21:16
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    tokai
    A new version of Shuffle is available for all registered users in the Shuffle Customer Area.

For more information about Shuffle visit:
    http://www.binaryriot.org/shuffle/

For all who didn't had the chance to obtain a copy of Shuffle yet and have to wait for the MorphOS 2.0 release I'm posting a juicy screenshot here:

Embedded image

OMG! Feature leaks! :)

regards,
    tokai
  • »24.04.08 - 01:03
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    AmigaMancer
    Hi.
    Sometimes while i'm running mldonkey, my connection goes dead and when this happens the debug log fills with this message:
    [udpSock] Exception sendto failed: No buffer space available in sendto next

I use MOSNet mainly but this happens with other stacks too. What can i do about this? Is there a MLDonkey or TCP/IP stack parameter that i should tweak?
    Amiga 1200 user.
  • »25.05.08 - 07:35
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    AyoS
    NICE!!! I wonder if the favorite part of your work is making us
    Drool!!! Tease!! LOL!
  • »25.05.08 - 16:01
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    AmigaMancer
    Quote:

AmigaMancer wrote:
    Hi.
    Sometimes while i'm running mldonkey, my connection goes dead and when this happens the debug log fills with this message:
    [udpSock] Exception sendto failed: No buffer space available in sendto next

I use MOSNet mainly but this happens with other stacks too. What can i do about this? Is there a MLDonkey or TCP/IP stack parameter that i should tweak?

No one else experiences this? :-?

[ Edited by AmigaMancer on 2008/6/12 6:06 ]
    Amiga 1200 user.
  • »12.06.08 - 05:05