• Cocoon
    Cocoon
    fairlanefastback
    Ok, this is an ad often at the top of Morphzone.

This site:

http://www.morphos-news.de/guides/rc5-72/index.html

says "MorphOS 1.5 is still a long time away from getting released to the average user. The reason for this evil are indeed not the missing parts of programs or a lack of motivation in the MorphOS core development team ... there can be only one obvious reason! And that is stipulated clearly and precisely by figures in the CPU/OS Statistik of the Distributed.net RC5-72 project."

I get from the site its an app to lend computing power from your machine to certain development efforts. But its not very clear what they are trying to say here. I take it this paragraph in some way is joking, or that its just extremely outdated as the text seems to be from the year 2004?

For a newbie looking to learn about MorphOS old links with outdated info and slogans like "1.5 weeks" where you need to be "in the know" about their background I think maybe are not the best way to promote the OS to new users. Just trying to offer that in a manner trying to be try to be constructive (because I am a newbie who is looking forward to running it on an Efika).

Can someone explain what role if any RC5-72 still has and what this "2 more weeks" and "1.5 more weeks" thing means? I take it the 1.5 one is a play on words of the first one for version 1.5, but I don't know the history on "2 more weeks".

Thanks!
  • »13.02.07 - 20:44