Trancestats doesn't work anymore
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    AmigaMancer
    Hi.
    I haven't tried to run this tool lately, but i just did and notice that it doesn't work. It used to work when i was using MUI 3.9 and the old Ambient but not now.
    It's not a big deal, i know that there are better tools than this, but i need to know if it doesn't work with the latest MUI 4 or if there is something is wrong with my installation.
    Amiga 1200 user.
  • »20.12.06 - 09:36
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Amigaz
    Same prob here after installing MUI4 Alpha :-x
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    MorphOS PowerUP powered Amiga 4000
    Pegasos II G4 1ghz
    Radeon 8500 128mb
    Soundblaster Live 5.1 Digital
    Realtek 2139B 100mbit
  • »20.12.06 - 10:18
  • tom
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    tom
    it still works here without any problem. But after installing Mui4 alpha I have another problem. If I want to download something the requester opens, then my Pegasos slows down, especially when it is the first time since booting. After 3 or 4 seconds my Pegasos works normally again..
    Someone has any an idea why?

regards Tom
  • »20.12.06 - 12:56
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Amigaz
    Seems like we who use MOS PUP are the only affected by it not working then....
    Pegasos II G4 1ghz
    Radeon 8500 128mb
    Realtek 2139B 100mbit
  • »20.12.06 - 13:17
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    AmigaMancer
    @Amigaz
    Quote:

Perhaps. Although simple MorphOS tools should behave the same in all hardware configurations, due to the HAL *me shrugs*

[ Edited by AmigaMancer on 2006/12/20 16:23 ]
    Amiga 1200 user.
  • »20.12.06 - 14:22
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Amigaz
    Quote:

AmigaMancer wrote:
    @Amigaz
    Quote:

Perhaps. Although simple MorphOS tools should behave the same in all hardware configurations, due to the HAL *me shrugs*

[ Edited by AmigaMancer on 2006/12/20 16:23 ]

Indeed ;-)
    Pegasos II G4 1ghz
    Radeon 8500 128mb
    Realtek 2139B 100mbit
  • »20.12.06 - 14:37
  • rms
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    rms
    Hi all,

Tom wrote:
    it still works here without any problem. But after installing Mui4 alpha I have another problem. If I want to download something the requester opens, then my Pegasos slows down, especially when it is the first time since booting. After 3 or 4 seconds my Pegasos works normally again..

Yes I have (or should I say had) the same problem but here it happend only with YAM (have a look at the YAM 2.5 beta MOS treat on MorphZone) after a reset of the Peg2.

This also startet to happen after the MUI4 installation as I do not have that one my other Pegs with MUI 3.9.

Yesterday I stopped the Peg during OF startup and entered "printenv" to see if something could be wrong in there, but nothing was (I think). After that I reset the Peg and now the problem is gone!!!!!! Why???????

And here also Transstats doesnt work anymore.

Regards

Christoph
  • »21.12.06 - 07:05
    Profile Visit Website
  • rms
    rms
    Hi all,

I found 2 more strange things after MUI4 installation:

1) when clicking in NListree to open the "closed node" image it opens the choose color requester instead.

2) in IBrowse the edit text windows in html pages are completely black if unselected. I was not able to find a solution to change this in MUI settings.

For better understanding, I enclosed to jpg's.

Regards

Christoph
  • »21.12.06 - 13:46
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    tokai
    The trancestat problem is a MUI4 bug. So if you don't use MUI4 you will not notice this problem. Nothing related to HAL or whatever ;)

ABout the black problem. Try to delete MUI prefs and see if this changes things. AFAIR it was related to what kind of colours you choosed (normal RGB colour, pen or pattern). I don't have the problem here with MUI4, so its possible to solve ;) I only do not remember how exactly. :P

Besides that MUI4 is know for its buggyness.. thats the deal of alpha/beta testing experimental stuff ;)

regards,
    tokai
  • »21.12.06 - 13:52
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    catohagen
    Quote:

2) in IBrowse the edit text windows in html pages are completely black if unselected. I was not able to find a solution to change this in MUI settings.

i managed to nail this fucker after editing every configurable colorsetting in mui, and found its in the string config, below string fonts
    there are 3 containers, you have to edit these (container/activated/readonly) even if they look grey or whatever before.
  • »26.12.06 - 20:40
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    catohagen
    Quote:

i managed to nail this fucker after editing every configurable colorsetting in mui, and found its in the string config, below string fonts
    there are 3 containers, you have to edit these (container/activated/readonly) even if they look grey or whatever before.
  • »26.12.06 - 20:41
  • rms
    rms
    Quote:

catohagen wrote:
    Quote:

This is great, thanks for having submitted this info.

Regards

Christoph
  • »27.12.06 - 06:17
    Profile Visit Website