Reaction/ClassAct problem
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    AmigaMancer
    I was wondering all this time why i couldn't run AWeb on my MorphOS installation. I finally found out why. I had installed Reaction instead of ClassAct, which is something that MOS doesn't like.

Now that i have install ClassAct AWeb runs fine but Genesis Doesn't start! :-(
    So, my question is, how can i run AWeb and Genesis at the same time and why the MUI based version of Genesis requires these classes anyway?
    Amiga 1200 user.
  • »31.10.06 - 08:58
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    AmigaMancer
    Can you at least tell me how to launch AmiTCP without the intervention of Genesis? I suppose that this will fix the problem.
    Amiga 1200 user.
  • »02.11.06 - 03:02
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    weiseb
    if you own amiga OS 3.9, copy genesiskey.library to libs and get the genesis demo from aminet (its a MUI Version).
  • »02.11.06 - 08:46
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    AmigaMancer
    Quote:

if you own amiga OS 3.9, copy genesiskey.library to libs and get the genesis demo from aminet (its a MUI Version).

I have done this years ago.
    The problem is that since i installed ClassAct instead of reaction, Genesis stopped working. When i try to start it, it doesn't do anything. If i re-install reaction Genesis works again, but other apps like AWeb does not.

So, if noone knows why is this happening, he could at least tell how to start AmiTCP directly, without having to launch Genesis, which is just the GUI of AmiTCP.
    Amiga 1200 user.
  • »02.11.06 - 09:40
  • MorphOS Developer
    CISC
    Quote:

I have done this years ago.
    The problem is that since i installed ClassAct instead of reaction, Genesis stopped working. When i try to start it, it doesn't do anything.

Well, that is weird, the MUI version should not have any reaction dependencies at all .. are you sure you managed to replace all the relevant files?

Quote:

So, if noone knows why is this happening, he could at least tell how to start AmiTCP directly, without having to launch Genesis, which is just the GUI of AmiTCP.

Well, it is possible, but it requires some work and knowledge of AmiTCP/Genesis. The first thing you have to do is convert the Genesis config file into AmiTCP config files, this is the trickiest part, and hard to describe, maybe someone can help you with that (it's been too many years since I did that) .. when that is done pretty much all you have to do is make a startnet script that logs in your user, runs the AmiTCP kernel, configs the drivers and puts them online (the AmiTCP v4 startnet script is a good base to alter for this)...

- CISC
  • »02.11.06 - 10:36
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    AmigaMancer
    @CISC
    Quote:

are you sure you managed to replace all the relevant files?

That remark made me to download and re-install the package from Aminet. Now Genesis works! Thank you!
    It was probably a corrupted file. Yet, it still weird that it kept working with Reaction. Anyway, i'm glad that it is fixed.

Edit: Ah.. found it. When i installed it back then, i refused to install genesis.library version 45.4 (14/11/2000) with 3.0.5 (12/10/1998) because it was older.

[ Edited by AmigaMancer on 2006/11/2 13:56 ]

[ Edited by AmigaMancer on 2006/11/2 13:58 ]
    Amiga 1200 user.
  • »02.11.06 - 11:38
  • MorphOS Developer
    CISC
    Quote:

Now Genesis works! Thank you!

No problem, glad you figured it out... ;)

- CISC
  • »02.11.06 - 19:06