Serious problem with MUI4 alpha and file requesters
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    AmigaMancer
    Since i installed MUI 4 Alpha and Ambient 1.43, i get the following problem:
    When i try to open a file requester inside IBrowse by selecting "open local file" or by downloading a file, i'm getting an "Application meditating" error most of the time, instead of a requster and everything freezes. Then, i have to reboot.

Furthermore, the "download manager" takes some seconds to appear on the screen and also some seconds to close. With MUI 3.9 this is instantaneous, but i doubt that it is because MUI 4 is debug enabled. It looks like a real bug.
    Amiga 1200 user.
  • »05.10.06 - 00:06
  • Fab
  • MorphOS Developer
    Fab
    My guess is that you have a z.library conflicting with muiasl (when it's present, and working, it's used to compress thumbnails). If you have one, just delete it. However this z.library (not zlib.library) is quite rare, i wonder why you needed it in the first place.

Anyway, it's not a mui4 bug.

[ Edited by Fab on 2006/10/4 23:23 ]
  • »05.10.06 - 00:22
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    AmigaMancer
    I don't have this library installed.. Anyway, if others doesn't confirm this problem it means that something went wrong with my MOS installation and i may re-install it.
    Amiga 1200 user.
  • »05.10.06 - 05:42
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    I have had this problem too. It was all about z.library. I removed it and everything works great now.
    WBR, Vladimir Berezenko
  • »05.10.06 - 07:07
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Jupp3
    Quote:

When i try to open a file requester inside IBrowse by selecting "open local file" or by downloading a file, i'm getting an "Application meditating" error most of the time, instead of a requster and everything freezes. Then, i have to reboot.

IBrowse has problems with asl.library from some very old MUI4 betas (from last year?) - don't know if this is the same problem (or if recommended solutions help) - if you see the debug output from MorphOS (by booting with logserver, for example) you might see LOTS of hits when you open a requester from IBrowse (At least I did) and eventually that usually leads to complete hang.

Some known solutions:
    -Use asl.library from older MUI (copy one from MOS install CD, for example)
    -Use newer MUI beta
    -Don't use IBrowse :-)

I've tried all of them, and they all worked
  • »05.10.06 - 07:57
    Profile Visit Website
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    C64Days
    Removing the z.library worked for me (it should be written
    in the notes of the MuiBeta IMHO!), BUT everything goes
    fine only with beta releases up to April, those released
    from May onward have a serious flaw, i can't open partitions
    from Ambient! When i click on them i hear the hard disk loading but no windows open on screen. Any hint?
  • »05.10.06 - 10:21
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    todi
    I have the same problem but can't find a z.library anwhere on SYS:... neither does the latest MUI4 beta help! The same happens with filerequester in YAM btw.

My "solution" to the problem is: open requester in ANR first, there it works ;-) .
    ToDi

amigazeux.org
  • »05.10.06 - 20:02
    Profile Visit Website