Problems installing iBrowse
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    motorollin
    I'm trying to install iBrowse (latest demo) on MorphOS. When it gets to the part when it copies newstring.mcc, the install borks saying it can't find the file. I have downloaded newstring.mcc and copied it to SYS:Classes/MUI and pointed the installer to that location when it asks where MUI is installed, but it still can't find it.

Is there a trick to getting it to work?

--
    moto
  • »01.09.06 - 19:27
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Bladerunner
    There is (or should be?) a drawer in Sys:apps which is especially for MUI: (I thought there was even an assign pointing there) and legacy stuff where Installer can safely Install their classes and such. If there isn' t an assign you can temporarly make one (I assume I do not need to explain how to do so ;) ) and let IBrowse Install its Stuff there. Afterwards you can copy the needed classes to where you allready installed them, Sys:classes/Mui is the right place.
  • »01.09.06 - 21:00
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    motorollin
    Hmmm, can't find anything in SYS:Apps. I tried to install Voyager and had a similar problem. I don't understand this - I have seen browsers running under MOS in screenshots :-?

--
    moto
  • »01.09.06 - 21:40
  • MorphOS Developer
    itix
    As a last resort you could set MUI: assign to ram disk and let IBrowse installer use it... create some dummy directories and copy after installing IBrowse copy classes to their right place. I never installed IBrowse on Pegasos but copied old install from Amiga HD.
    1 + 1 = 3 with very large values of 1
  • »01.09.06 - 22:14
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    motorollin
    Well I found the solution :-) Here it is in case anyone else comes looking. I thought the error was that it couldn't find the file newstring.mcc. It suddenly occurred to me that maybe it can't find the drawer it wants to copy it to. So here's what I did:

Add the following to S:user-startup

Assign MUI: SYS:Classes/MUI
    Assign LIBS: MUI:LIBS ADD

Then create the drawers SYS:Classes/MUI and SYS:Classes/MUI/LIBS. Then install iBrowse and it works :-D

--
    moto
  • »01.09.06 - 22:35