SteamDraw_06R5
    Kronos
    Fixed some outstanding bugs (compability with MUI3.9 and MUI4-alpha, Arc-activate crash), redone some parts of the produced EPS-code and removed the Steam:-Assign.

Also 3 new subtools in the Polygon-Tool to create kites, parallelogramms and ...... hmmmm how do I spell that ??? ....hmmm .... more than one Rhombus 8-)

Download at:
    www.SteamDraw.de
  • »27.08.06 - 11:36
    hooligan
    Excellent mate
    www.mikseri.net/hooligan <- Free music
  • »27.08.06 - 12:10
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    AKiLL
    Good job! ...even if it needs to be improved as actually it seems to be too much unstable causing always system freezing :-(
  • »27.08.06 - 19:03
    Kronos
    A bugreport a bit more detailed might be usefull.

You know exact configuration, when do the crashes happen, log-files etc.

Also booting from MOS-CD (1.4-1.4.2 for SpeedBar.mcc) might help as lot of users seem to have 68k-classes messing their system up. And the 68k-version of SpeedBar just won't cut even if the version-number seems ok.
  • »27.08.06 - 19:29
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    AKiLL
    Oops! Sorry for missing a detailed report...
    My hardware/software config in signature.
    I had SpeedBar mui classes version 19.3 probably causing system freeze.
    So upgrading last version (19.4) from MCC_SpeedBarMOS.lha archive made SteamDraw stable! :-)

Hoping this report will help you,
    Bye,
    __
    AKiLL

P.S.: it seems to be a lot of duplicate files in SteamDraw.lha archive I downloaded this afternoon...
  • »27.08.06 - 20:11
    Kronos
    @AKILL

The problem is that good&bad, PPC&68k versions of SpeedBar may all report the same version number, making them look the same for OpenLibrary().

The LHA is being replaced as I write this. Thats what one gets when LHA is run with "a -r" twice .....
  • »27.08.06 - 20:29
    Kronos
    The whole MorphOS-Team (well allmost the whole, with Kiero being 1st) reported SteamDraw hitting zerospace at startup.

If just all bugs were reported so good and so easy to fix ;-)

Feel free to download 0.6R6 (no other changes visible for you mortals).
  • »28.08.06 - 15:24
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    r-tea
    Kronos, how in your opinion SteamDraw is in comparison to DrawStudio at this time? But be honest! :-D
    Mac mini G4@1,5GHz silent upgrade + Xerox Phaser 3140 + EPSON Perfection 1240U
    Commodore C64C + 2 x 1541II + Datasette + SD-Box

I miss draggable screens... and do you? I know I'm in a minority unfortunately.
  • »29.08.06 - 07:33
    Kronos
    For an honest answer I would need to know what is in DrawStudio (played with the demo years ago, don't even know where to find it again).

I would also have to tell you what invisible features are allready in SteamDraw, and as a result I would need to kill you ......

Next (major) version (0.7) will bring some of the missing features for a fully useable drawing-app, 0.8 will bring the rest.

I hope to be able to present a 0.7beta at the Amiga-Meeting in Bad Bramstedt (this october), and maybe 0.8 by christmas.

ps: how is that older keeper of the ring going ?
  • »29.08.06 - 15:32
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Hi all,

DrawStudio, the full commercial version, a made serious technical pictures with.
    Bezier and compound, DrawStudio is good. I saved my projects as (e)ps and prints
    as PostScript. I'am happy that SteamDraw can load eps, so i can further with the projects
    started with DrawStudio. DrawStudio is somewhat instable, caused by released by an
    earlier version of CyberGraphics, i believe 1998.

Grts, Amigaharry; visit my Amiga/Pegasos page at,
    http://www.angelfire.com/amiga/ex
  • »29.08.06 - 17:32
    Profile Visit Website
    Kronos
    @AmigaHarry

I doubt you will have much fun trying to load eps-files into
    SteamDraw, not created by SteamDraw.

Something that will most probraly change on route to version 1.0, but
    not right now.
  • »29.08.06 - 18:00