Using OSX through VNC
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    GK_LKA
    Ave!

I have a mac at home, and I'm using VNC to control it via the home network. On Mac there is OSX 10.4, and OSXvnc, on MorphOS side I use both TwinVNC and MorphVNC. I have some troubles with this config:

- Controlling the iMac G3 via VNC is incredibly slow (e.g. my account to a remote Windwos server via rdesktop (1Mbit connection, 1280x1024x16 bit resolution) is much faster than the local mac (100Mbit, 1024x768x8))

- Ctrl key from time to time appears to be pressed (without I've touched it)

- Keyboard layout is "very strange": If I set up hungarian layout both on mac and MOS, only the english letters and the alphanumeric numbers work correctly on the keyboard: all other keys are set to "very strange" letters: (E.g. all of the alphanumeric numbers with shift write an "Á", 0 is not found on the whole keyboard at all, nothing is in his place, etc.). Setting english on both sides makes a correct english layout, but I need the hungarian accented letters.

So... Does anybody know the solution for this problems? Maybe I shall use other VNC server (have tried RealVNC, and it is much worse...)?
    [ GK / LKA Team ]
  • »26.07.06 - 10:48
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    On the Mac use Chicken of the VNC. Funny name, but it works well. The other problems and the speed? well thats VNC for you. Not much you can do about it.
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCI-X (Registration #1894)
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCIE (Registration #6130)
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
    Need Repairs, upgrades or a recap in the USA? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com
  • »26.07.06 - 12:36
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    GK_LKA
    Chicken of the VNC is a VNC Client, isn't?
    [ GK / LKA Team ]
  • »26.07.06 - 12:43
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    Yeah, I thought you wanted to run the server on MOS. In that case your using basicly the only things you can.
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCI-X (Registration #1894)
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCIE (Registration #6130)
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
    Need Repairs, upgrades or a recap in the USA? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com
  • »26.07.06 - 12:45
    Profile Visit Website