• jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    "Advanced features are not changed often (mostly once in the life time) i.e. it is not expected that users fiddle with 'mymorphosicon=on|off' setting every second boot. They either keep it on or switch it off but that is it."

Well.. I have changed more advanced prefs than those others in Ambient settings :) Or what other settings do you fiddle every second boot? Background maybe, but at least I have touched only once to "Icon display", "CLI launching", "Lister" and "Window"... and never touched to "Misc" settings.

"Well, there's a simple solution for the problem wheter to have a GUI or not. Simply program a small app that scans the advanced config file, and then have it create checkboxes for on and off etc. Someone outside the morphos team could easily do this himself."

I'd think that it would be better Ambient team to make those GUIs and include them with Ambient. There's too many bad examples of 3rd party GUIs for settings... they never keep up with the product, if there's changes. And even if they do, then there comes problems when user doesn't update the config program.

And with Advanced GUI in Ambient settings user notices the new settings (which would be quite nice at this point, when Ambient is evolving all the time). It's harder to find out what new settings there is with text files.

[ Edited by jPV on 2006/6/7 11:47 ]

[ Edited by jPV on 2006/6/7 11:52 ]
  • »07.06.06 - 10:39
    Profile Visit Website