• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    GK_LKA
    Ave!

Started this topic because I know that there is some features of the current Ambient, what the average user doesn't even know about, and I wanted to know if I know all or not :). It's a great place also for developers to tell us these tricks :)

So what I know (some is in readme too, but not everybody reads it):

- Jump to a file: You can jump to a file starting with e.g. 'ch', when you simply start to type it.

- Open path directly: When you press '/' in a window, a string gadget appears, where you can type the path.

- Open directory in a new window in browser mode: You can doubleclick on a drawer with the middle mouse button to open it in a new window (in icon view) or double click on it while pressing ALT key (in list view).

- Inline rename in list view: Just press middle mouse button on the file!

- Change an icon: Open info requester, and just drop the new icon onto the displayed one.

- Copy tooltypes: You can smiply drag'n'drop tooltypes from an info window to another.

- Rearrange icons on a panel: Select the panel (by clicking in it's border) and move the icons with the middle mouse button.

- Displaying directory sizes: There is a popup menu in list view in the table header of the list, when you can select "Get Directory Sizes".

- Moving files in list view to the parent directory: Is the parent directory not opened? No problem: just drag'n'drop files on the button of the drawer in the top of the window.

- Going to parent directory in browser mode: Just press Backspace key.

Enough for now :). If you know more, don't hesitate to share us! :)

[ Edited by GK_LKA on 2006/6/5 10:32 ]
    [ GK / LKA Team ]
  • »05.06.06 - 10:31
    Profile Visit Website