• Just looking around
    Noster
    Hi,

This was a hard work:
    At least I managed to enable printing from MorphOS :-D
    The main problem was, that I doesn't have a local printer, I just have printers attached to my Linux server.
    At first I had installed TurboPrint (I just have the version 7.02 but it works). Than I copied Netpar.device and the according settings from my OS 3.9 partition.
    After the following reboot the netpar-spooler grumbled that there is no usergroup.library installed :-(

Downloading MOSNet-usergroup package, installed it: Now I have a usergroup.library and a passwd and a groups file but where are the according commands like adduser, addgroup, passwd and login?
    So I tried the according commands from AmiTCP 4.0 demo and after adding another assign (AmiTCP) to the MOSNet directory it works and I was able to login as user :-)

So I managed to send printjobs to my linux server, horay!
    There is just one thing left: The turboprint spooler starts before the MOSNet TCP/IP-stack and a requester pops up at every boot saying that no TCP/IP-stack is running.
    But before I press the retry button of this requester (the TCP/IP-stack has started in the meanwhile) I have to open a shell and have to login with my username otherwise the spooler doesn't find a loged in user and exits.

I think I can life with this restrictions :-)
    But is there a way you can specify the order the programs in the WBStartup-directory are started?

Now I will install AmiSSL and after that I will start testing my Toccata -- and I have seen in the TaskManager that the SCSI.device (for the on-board SCSI controller of the A3000) is running, so I hope that I could access the equipment attached to that controller...a lot to do.

So far, Noster
  • »21.05.06 - 21:26