• Just looking around
    Noster
    Hi,

here I'm again, now -- just at this moment -- running MorphOS with AWeb 3.5.08 at my A3000T :-D

The main problem wasn't the usage of my Amiga-hardware (i.e. the A2065 ethernet card) the main problem was to get a working TCP/IP stack.
    I tried Genesis from OS 3.9 without effort, but then I've read about MOSNet in the Amiga Future, downloaded it and this works.

Another problem was that there was no editor in the base-installation of MorphOS. Now I've installed CygnusEd 4.0 and it works. Last but not least I've had the luck that DirOpus 4.16 could be started direct from my OS 3.9 partition without the need of any installtion or further assigns.

Now that I can surf through the internet from MorphOS this will speed up the test and installation of further applications. I don't need to restart my machine everytime I need an information or a download from internet.

@magnetic
    > I used to have a 4000T ppc/cybervision setup and I can tell you the Peg2 blows it away
    > without question. You can sell that setup and do everything you want with the peg2.
    That's one of my goals: Test the 68k-software I use with MorphOS and have a deeper look into this OS. If it matches my requirements, I will sell my CSPPC and the CVPPC and purchase a Pegasos.
    Currently I'm also thinking about an AmigaOne. Unfortunately I cannot test the OS and compare it to MorphOS.

Noster
  • »15.05.06 - 13:30