Paint application
  • MorphOS Developer
    How much do you need paint application for MorphOS? What features it should have?
  • »21.04.06 - 08:35
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    magnetic
    C64
    Thx i remember when that came out. I have FxPaint, Image Fx 4.5 Studio, and Photogenics 5 installed so dont need another :) Just giving recommendations to stefkos for this project :)

magnetic
    Pegasos 2 Rev 2B3 w/ Freescale 7447 "G4" @ 1ghz / 1gb Nanya Ram
    Quad Boot: MorphOS 2.7 | Amiga OS4.1 U4 | Ubuntu PPC GNU/Linux | OS X 10.4
  • »25.04.06 - 23:48
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    MarK
    magnetic: then you probably don't know photoshop... none of these programs, afaik, has layers support, and it's really very important for modern graphicians... i bought the pixel32, but it's stability is damn bad. it crashes also without any reason. and it's also very slow... this tool could be a real solution!

stefkos: how about the lounching issue, i remember, i couldn't make it run, because it simply lacked something without any note, what should it be... i would love to test this tool (and probably also write plugins) if possible :-) please keep up the good work!

bye, MarK.
  • »26.04.06 - 09:30
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    magnetic
    Mark

I have Photoshop 7 installed on my peg. And BTW Image FX has decent layer support, so what are you talking about?

magnetic
    Pegasos 2 Rev 2B3 w/ Freescale 7447 "G4" @ 1ghz / 1gb Nanya Ram
    Quad Boot: MorphOS 2.7 | Amiga OS4.1 U4 | Ubuntu PPC GNU/Linux | OS X 10.4
  • »26.04.06 - 17:45
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    r-tea
    @ magnetic
    I have Photoshop 7 installed on my peg. And BTW Image FX has decent layer support, so what are you talking about?

I'll answer on behalf of MarK. Of course IFX has a layers support, bu its layers are very difficult to understand and to use for not very experienced users. Maybe that's what MarK have had in mind.
    Mac mini G4@1,5GHz silent upgrade + Xerox Phaser 3140 + EPSON Perfection 1240U
    Commodore C64C + 2 x 1541II + Datasette + SD-Box

I miss draggable screens... and do you? I know I'm in a minority unfortunately.
  • »26.04.06 - 20:25
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    r-tea
    Oh, I even didn't hear about it. Txh. I'll try it out.
    Mac mini G4@1,5GHz silent upgrade + Xerox Phaser 3140 + EPSON Perfection 1240U
    Commodore C64C + 2 x 1541II + Datasette + SD-Box

I miss draggable screens... and do you? I know I'm in a minority unfortunately.
  • »26.04.06 - 20:29
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    MarK
    well, i'm talking about modern software... imagefx was in it's times very good piece of software, i used it a lot, but now, when i have to work with photoshop, i'd love to have a tool with simmilar abilities on my morphos... pixel32 could do this for me, but first it have to be atleast 100x more stable, than it is now. if the 'Paint application' doesn't crash without a reason, i'd love to buy it and use it. i bought the pixel32, but i can't use it, because the stability issue. i love the amiga software, but no one can say, it can compete with current pc software... it's a pity, but it's truth. that's why i'd support this kind of software...

bye, MarK.
  • »27.04.06 - 16:08
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    DethKnight
    Some reference material & interesting links may help this

The OpenEXR software distribution is now licensed under the modified BSD license
    http://www.openexr.com/

The CinePaint Project
    http://www.cinepaint.org/
    I am ; therefore you are
  • »29.04.06 - 04:48
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    GK_LKA
    Well, what about Pixel32? The last update of MOS version on the homepage was 1 year ago :(
    [ GK / LKA Team ]
  • »03.05.06 - 10:04
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Toto
    Quote:

GK_LKA wrote:
    Well, what about Pixel32? The last update of MOS version on the homepage was 1 year ago :(

The latest MOS beta release for registered users is Pixel 1.0 Beta 6 build 498 (2005-11-14). Too bad the MOS version is slow and buggy, The Linux x86 version (build 524) works very well.
  • »03.05.06 - 11:11
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    C64Days
    Stability issues on Morphos version of Pixel32 were blamed on FreePascal compiler, that compiler has been updated in the meantime
    so it would be worth for the author to try recompile Pixel32 with this
    new one.
  • »03.05.06 - 11:37
  • MorphOS Developer
    this app for mos is still moving foward.
    i meet some problems only yeasterday. when i will back from work then i will try fix problems.
  • »03.05.06 - 13:21
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    i forgot to mention that i made some progress in gradient creation.

http://stefkos.amigazeux.net/paint_grad.jpg

but be patient...
  • »03.05.06 - 15:34
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Chain-Q
    Quote:

Stability issues on Morphos version of Pixel32 were blamed on FreePascal compiler.

It's so easy to blame it on the compiler huh? ;-) I know about some problems inside Pixel, which only caused troubles on MorphOS (like some stack issues), for obvious reasons. These should be eliminated for now, according to Pavel. Also recent PowerSDL fixed a number of problems releated to Pixel.

As for the compiler, Pavel reported a few "random" problems with it to me as well, but since i really cannot reproduce them on my system, no matter how hard i try, he's now on his own. Maybe stg is wrong with his MOS setup or stg, i don't know, but he's really getting some very strange errors. I'm also using FPC to compile some big projects, including the compiler itself, and it's really rock solid for me.

However, i offered Pavel to get here (he lives only ~150km from here), and then i'd try to solve all his problems on his HDD, without the need to share the Pixel sources with me. This didn't happenned till now. So better don't blame it on the compiler (so on me, since i did the compiler), thank you.
    [.PegasosII/G4.:.Efika.:.Amiga2000/060.]
    [.Free Pascal Compiler MorphOS Port.]
    [.Hosting AmigaSpirit.hu.]
  • »04.05.06 - 08:54
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    I just wanted to mention that I'm still working on my paint application.

http://stefkos.amigazeux.net/paint/zoom.jpg
    http://stefkos.amigazeux.net/paint/eff.jpg
    http://stefkos.amigazeux.net/paint/2pics.jpg
    http://stefkos.amigazeux.net/paint/text3.jpg

Last time I've added:
    - possibility to work on unlimited number of layers (this depend on free memory),
    - load/save mask option for layers,
    - merging layers,
    and of course I fixed a lot of bugs.

I will try to wrote something more in near time, some info's about what application can do.
    Thanks for attention.
  • »26.10.06 - 12:21
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Good :D i've seen an alpha at P.A. on the guruman's pegasos, it's really good.

nice to see also ,the progress news ^_^
    I'm nerdy in the extreme
    And whiter than sour cream

White&Nerdy 2006 Al Yankovic
  • »26.10.06 - 14:40