gunne
    Hi Judas,

> What can give me some confidence to invest my time and money into MOS, if I can't see how future support is supposed to be existent ?

As I see it, the money spent and invested when purchasing a Pegasos computer - is spent on the Pegasos computer. The computer can be used in a profession and/or for entertainment. I think Genesi/bplan have succeed quite well in what they have done with the Pegasos platform.

But for discussing around MorphOS. MorphOS is just an operating system. Its not possible to buy MorphOS and look on it as You buy a product.

As for open source software and closed software, I do believe that at least 50% of software released for MorphOS during the last year - is open source software, probably higher. Also components that can be considered as being part of the system is of open source type. As for software released aimed for selling/purchasing its 0%.

I do personally believe that the MorphOS userbase can grove a little bit forward. It might be that MorphOS not is attractive enough for now, but there is people who are curios about what MorphOS is, and I think MorphOS can become more attractive forward and then get some more new users.
    Best wishes, Gunne
  • »02.04.06 - 21:35
    Profile Visit Website