MLDonkey 2.6.3
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    AmigaMancer
    Does this client work at all? After i start it and write http://localhost:4080/ in my browser, sometimes the browser produce the client`s interface but sometimes it just idles for ever. But even if i`m lucky enough to get the interface, it stops working a few seconds later. I mean that everything else is working my connection is ok, i can browse to website but the MLDonket GUI doesn`t listen to me. Every option of it that i select doesn`t do anything.. just idles...
    I followed every advice that i could find in the docs, like the adjustments of the tcp/ip stack, the changes of the html variables but still nothing. :-(

Btw, i still haven`t been able to download a single bit with bouriquet https://morph.zone/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4222&forum=9#39137

So, i don`t know what to assume. Any suggestions are welcome.

[ Edited by AmigaMancer on 2006/3/1 15:17 ]
    Amiga 1200 user.
  • »01.03.06 - 13:15
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    DoctorMorbius_FP
    My mldonkey client works perfectly since one year.

It's possible that you have a number of superimposed distinct problems.

Maybe you have configuration problems. In such a case just spend some time tweaking here and there with the .ini files. Much patience is needed, and solutions (if any) may also depend on your software and hardware environment.

(I was lucky, everything worked fine at the first try.)

Are you sure you have set the correct HTML mode in your mldonkey configuration? Only one of the two HTML modes works flawlessly with Amiga browsers.

(From what you say it seems that you did this step; anyway, make a check.)

Also try to connect to http://127.0.0.1:4080 rather than http://localhost:4080/ .

(I don't think this will cure your problems, but trying is free...)

Moreover, since you did not download a single byte even with Bourriquet, there can be other two problems.

The first is that you do not have sufficient patience. If you expect that downloading starts soon after your request, you are too much an optimist. In the worst cases, it is possible that you must expect for weeks (or even forever...) before downloading starts.

The second problem arises if you use a router for ADSL connection. In such a case, it's very likely that you are behind the router firewall. Then, for every peer-to-peer protocol, you must connect directly the port used on your computer to the port (with the same number) that should be used on the router. This procedure (Virtual Server Configuration) is mandatory if you want your peer-to-peer software correctly working (you should read your router manual for specific instructions on how to associate ports). Note that ports mentioned in mldonkey readme file are a fraction of all the ports that may/should be open. A more complete list is here:

http://mldonkey.sourceforge.net/WhatFirewallPortsToOpen

If nothing works for you, you need someone with more expertise than me and/or can wait that CISC/tokai distribute the new MLDonkey release 2.7.4...

Good luck.

[ Edited by DoctorMorbius_FP on 2006/3/1 16:14 ]
    Powered by PegasosII-G4, MacMini, PowerMac MDD.
  • »01.03.06 - 15:10
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    AmigaMancer
    Quote:

Maybe you have configuration problems. In such a case just spend some time tweaking here and there with the .ini files. Much patience is needed, and solutions (if any) may also depend on your software and hardware environment.

Ok.

Quote:

Are you sure you have set the correct HTML mode in your mldonkey configuration? Only one of the two HTML modes works flawlessly with Amiga browsers.
    (From what you say it seems that you did this step; anyway, make a check.)

Right. "html_mods = false" and "html_mods_style = 0"

Quote:

Moreover, since you did not download a single byte even with Bourriquet, there can be other two problems.
    The first is that you do not have sufficient patience. If you expect that downloading starts soon after your request, you are too much an optimist. In the worst cases, it is possible that you must expect for weeks (or even forever...) before downloading starts.

Yes, it could be it. But i tried to wait for about 3 hours to download a 10kb file. I have tried to download many files from many servers without success.
    Maybe waiting longer will help, i don't know, but is it rational? I think not.

Quote:

The second problem arises if you use a router for ADSL connection. In such a case, it's very likely that you are behind the router firewall. Then, for every peer-to-peer protocol, you must connect directly the port used on your computer to the port (with the same number) that should be used on the router. This procedure (Virtual Server Configuration) is mandatory if you want your peer-to-peer software correctly working (you should read your router manual for specific instructions on how to associate ports). Note that ports mentioned in mldonkey readme file are a fraction of all the ports that may/should be open. A more complete list is here:
    http://mldonkey.sourceforge.net/WhatFirewallPortsToOpen

I'm on dial-up. No routers or firewalls.

Quote:

If nothing works for you, you need someone with more expertise than me and/or can wait that CISC/tokai distribute the new MLDonkey release 2.7.4...

Good luck.

Ok, thanks. :-)

Edit: (about bourriquet)
    I tried Genesis instead of Miami yesterday and i notice that i display some messages in its window. Maybe these indicate the problem. I will paste them here:

Wed Mar 01 14:25:51 2006 [crit ]: Task 2036243400 (bourriquet) attempted to use library base of Task 2035175024 (bourriquet_connection).
    Wed Mar 01 14:25:51 2006 [crit ]: Task 2036243400 (bourriquet) attempted to use library base of Task 2035175024 (bourriquet_connection).
    Wed Mar 01 14:26:46 2006 [note ]: Access from host 66.102.136.xxx to port 23 denied
    Wed Mar 01 14:26:46 2006 [note ]: Access from host 207.182.243.xxx to port 23 denied
    Wed Mar 01 14:27:12 2006 [note ]: Access from host 82.96.96.x to port 23 denied
    Wed Mar 01 14:27:15 2006 [note ]: Access from host 82.96.96.x to port 23 denied

I suppose that "crit" means critical error, so maybe someone could explain me what i must do to fix it.

[ Edited by AmigaMancer on 2006/3/2 10:08 ]
    Amiga 1200 user.
  • »02.03.06 - 07:58
  • MorphOS Developer
    itix
    Problem with Bourriquet is it is sharing SocketBase with its subthreads. It is critical error.
    1 + 1 = 3 with very large values of 1
  • »02.03.06 - 09:41
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    AmigaMancer
    @itix
    So, can i (the user) do something about it?
    I assume there is because other people here, can you bourriquet without problems.
    Amiga 1200 user.
  • »02.03.06 - 10:04
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    tokai
    If someone wants to give the latest version a try:

http://tokai.binaryriot.org/mldonkey-2.7.4debug-morphos.bz2

u need a installation of the last release version (just bzip2 -d the archive and copy the extracted binary over the old "mlnet" binary, same name of coz) and you must have http://www.christianrosentreter.com/download/tools/yarandom-1.0.lha (only for MorphOS 1.4.x) installed.

Don't get scared about "debug", it just means the client is a bit more verbose if you want ("set verbosity all" && "set stdout true" to get the output) and maybe 1-2% slower.

I don't know what causes that MLdonkey doesn't accept new connections sometimes. I never could it reproduce like it was reported to me. I sometimes got a little delay, which quickly gone away after 30 or 60 seconds. Nothing to worry about. But I don't have too fast internet either (limited to 1Mbit down max.).

regards,
    tokai

[ Edited by tokai on 2006/3/2 11:52 ]
  • »02.03.06 - 10:37
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    SixK
    @itix,

I'm not sure, but Bourriquet is not sharing SocketBase with its subthreads.
    Maybe the problem is the same that the problem afxgroup had with Roadshow on Aos4.

Here is probably init that don't work fine with Genesis :

#ifndef __AMIGAOS4__
    SocketBaseTags(SBTM_SETVAL(SBTC_SIGEVENTMASK), ed2k_sigmask, SBTM_SETVAL(SBTC_DTABLESIZE), 4096, TAG_DONE);
    #else
    SocketBaseTags(SBTM_SETVAL(SBTC_SIGEVENTMASK), ed2k_sigmask, SBTM_SETVAL(SBTC_DTABLESIZE), 4096, SBTM_SETVAL(SBTC_CAN_SHARE_LIBRARY_BASES), TRUE, TAG_DONE);
    #endif

Maybe I should use the same init than Aos4...
    I dunno... but since I don't have Genesis, I won't touch anything for the moment :) (Bourriquet is more than ever open Source so, try it yourself :) )

SixK
  • »02.03.06 - 16:46
    Profile Visit Website