3D Usage/Testing?
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    Fizzy
    Hi,

I've only just purchased my pegasos II board just before christmas, and have been spending some time setting everything up, installing various bits/files off my old amiga etc...

I've been trying to play some music demos and the like from more recent years, which rely on PPC/Warpos and 3D cards.

I can't seem to get any to work though as it states that it can't open the warp3d libraries?

Been doing some research, and have found the morph os 3d developers page, but there are no downloads, just information on api's and what cards are supported?

Currently using a radeon 7000 agp (which I know isn't great at 3d anyway ;) ) and using morphos 1.4.5.

I've checked through the forums and faq's but can't seem to find much on 3d in morphos. Is there any 3d testers that can be downloaded or info on setting up/testing 3d on morphos?

Thanks,

- Ian.
  • »29.12.05 - 01:26
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    Fizzy
    I think I may have answered my own question... ;)

The demos were failing, with an error message on screen - "No rave3d driver available" or similar message.

Sure enough, I did some hunting and found that in the morphos/libs/rave3d folder there is only voodoo3 and voodoo4 libraries in there - none for radeon. :(

Is there one available? (Is it in this latest 3d update which I can't seem to find?).

I have installed a voodoo 2000 pci in for the time being (whopping 16mb memory!) which has allowed the demos to work....

....just out of interest, how do the voodoo's compare 3d performance wise with the various radeons?
  • »29.12.05 - 03:17
  • MorphOS Developer
    itix
    http://3d.morphos-team.net/
    1 + 1 = 3 with very large values of 1
  • »29.12.05 - 03:30
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    Fizzy
    Erm... sorry?

I have been to that webpage a number of times and while its nice looking, usefull for showing currently supported cards etc it doesn't seem to have any download options for drivers (that I can see?) or any card comparisons/performance info?

I mentioned that I have already seen this page before in my first message as well.

Still looking.... ;) I have registered my board online now though so may get access to other download areas?
  • »29.12.05 - 03:57
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    todi
    Usually you should have gotten an email with details (including a link to the download-area I guess). When did you register?
    ToDi

amigazeux.org
  • »29.12.05 - 04:37
    Profile Visit Website
    guruman
    Quote:

Fizzy wrote:
    I have registered my board online now though so may get access to other download areas?

Yup! That's the trick. Register at http://support.morphos-team.net and wait for an answer (it's usually quite fast, but now it's holiday time). You'll get by mail details about the FTP server to access for updates (like the 3D one), and you'll get subscribed to a couple of Mailing Lists as well.

BTW, welcome and enjoy!

Kind regards,
    Andrea
  • »29.12.05 - 11:27
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    Fizzy
    Thanks for the info. I'll wait for the email and see how I go from there. :D
  • »29.12.05 - 12:06
  • MorphOS Developer
    itix
    Ah sorry, I didnt realise 3D update was available via FTP only.
    1 + 1 = 3 with very large values of 1
  • »29.12.05 - 17:34
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    Fizzy
    Received an email this evening with the relevant access info, and downloaded the morphos3d update.

Installed, and 3d now working on the radeon 7000. :) Very happy. Reasonably faster than voodoo (and more memory onboard) but it is the slower of the radeons. Just need to lookout for a nice 8500 now, or hope that the drivers get updated to support 9800+ ... 8-)
  • »30.12.05 - 01:14
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    tarbos
    @Fizzy:

>just out of interest, how do the voodoo's compare 3d performance wise with the various radeons?

PPCNUX is your friend. ;-)
  • »30.12.05 - 01:24