What's with my WBStartup?
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    wlamee
    Hey all,

I don't remember exactly since when, but I think since the MOS upgrade to 1.4.? I can not get my WBStartup drawer to work as it should: One or more of the programs in there (that always worked on the Amiga and in previous MOS versions) just hangs (=never returns) and prevents the startup-procedure from ever finishing.

For over a year now, every time I start my MOS 1.4.latest machine, I have to start all my WBStartup apps by hand (from another dir, so the machine actually finishes booting).

I have the following apps in my startup: Miami 3.2b (regged), SGrab, SnoopDos, dnetc, DPMS and JabberWocky 1.6p1.

I have tried to add DONOTWAIT to each of them, but no luck. What has changed in this MOS realease regarding WBStartup and what do I need to do to make it work again?
    Wouter Lamee
    mailto:wouter@wouterlamee.nl
    http://www.wouterlamee.nl
  • »27.10.05 - 17:50
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Chain-Q
    Early 1.41 Ambient builds used to cause this. Maybe you're using one of them? It's MOS 1.4.x specific, and it was fixed quite a while ago. Also 1.41SE in MOS 1.4.5 shouldn't be affected, IIRC.
    [.PegasosII/G4.:.Efika.:.Amiga2000/060.]
    [.Free Pascal Compiler MorphOS Port.]
    [.Hosting AmigaSpirit.hu.]
  • »27.10.05 - 18:07
    Profile Visit Website
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    wlamee
    Just picked the latest version off Sourceforge. It is fixed indeed, that's a lot better. And that was me waiting for something called 'a stable release' before upgrading. :-P
    Wouter Lamee
    mailto:wouter@wouterlamee.nl
    http://www.wouterlamee.nl
  • »27.10.05 - 22:53
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    ThePlayer
    LOL
    PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5 running UWQHD Resolution
  • »28.10.05 - 05:37