Hmm... Can't get DrawStudio 2 to work...
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    td741
    Anyone know how I can get DrawStudio 2 to work?

I install it, click the software, go through the registration process. It opens a screen, but then it just sits at the "Initializing" phase until I get a "Out of Memory" error maybe 5 minutes later?

I'm trying to look up what's happening with SnoopDos but I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas?
    Steph
  • »17.06.03 - 15:39
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Tomo
    I've tried to use Drawstudio and got the same problems. I haven't find a solution until no. SnoopDos doesn't give me a clue.
    is there another vectordrawing program maybe that works on the Pegasos?
  • »07.09.03 - 16:10
    Kronos
    Be patient humble butterfly .....

(sound like looooooots of work :-o :-x )
  • »07.09.03 - 23:14
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    td741
    Just wanted to give a small update.

I figured since 1.4.2 is installed, I figured I'd give it another shot (I'm using a vector drawing program to generate some graphics for my little game project.)

Anyway, now it takes a looooong time to get out of initializing phase (about 2 to 5 minutes). After that, the window pops up and it kind of works. However, the whole system locks up once the menu is accessed.

SnoopDOS isn't much help at that moment because the entire system is locked up.

Interestingly enough, I tried installing it on my 1200/040 lately (new acquisition) and the program doesn't want to start (ends with Erro code of -1). It works great on a WinUAE setup though (non fpu version)?!
    Steph
  • »18.04.04 - 18:03
    Profile Visit Website
  • HAK
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    @ td741,

I only have DrawStudioLight from an Aminet CD here and this one starts rather fast (about 3 - 5 sec).
    Maybe it produces a lot of hits and wants to send them to the serial port. I use the parameter "ramdebug" when starting MOS (this one helped me also when using PerfectPaint).

Concerning the locking problem. I guess DS needs smart refreshing windows - which are not available since MOS 1.3 - IIRC. So there are some ways to go around this problem.

1) Maybe it works when using MOS 1.2 and lower - I haven't tested this one myself, so this one might/might not work.

2) Decrease the size of the working window, so that the menus/windows/requesters don't overlap each other - this one works for me as I use a screen with 1600x1200 pixel size but it really takes the fun out of the programm especially since you always have to be careful.

3) Use SmartWin from Aminet. WARNING: This program is considered a serious hack, so you might do your system more harm then good. Use it only on your own risk.

Bye HAK
  • »19.04.04 - 01:04
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    td741
    Interestingly enough, it works once I had smartwin running.

There are one or two minor graphical glitches though. I also can't open the prefs window I get a "Out of memory" error there. Once I set the screen display (which did work) it opened much faster. :)

YAY!

Now to test to see if it works fine with the display setup and without smartwin...
    Steph
  • »19.04.04 - 14:58
    Profile Visit Website