• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Crumb
    @Itix:

The feature that attracts me of SheepShaver is that it uses de PPC cpu directly on PPC systems :-)

So there would be no need to emulate the PPC.

Previous versions required pre-newworld roms, but the latest one should work with newworld roms.

AFAIK newworld roms can be allocated in any part of the memory, not like the old ones.

I don't know if the first 8KB of memory are still used by MacOS or if it can be configured to use another memory location.

Some memory management functions may come handly... I hope future MOS versions include some memory management functions to remap areas of memory, catch illegal accesses etc... Every modern OS in the world (Windows, Linux, AmigaOS4, AmigaOS3+MMU.library) has memory management functions, so why MorphOS can't?

I think that LouiSe was doing a PearPC port but I don't think he finished that port...

As you are in close communications with the MOS team maybe you could convince them to keep the first 8KB free and grant access to the ABOX to these first kilobytes. It doesn't compromise stability and it doesn't involve heavy modifications so I hope they will allow this. Come on, even CyberstormPPC included an option to keep free the first kilobytes of memory...
  • »13.04.05 - 14:45
    Profile Visit Website