Unofficial "Assign" update
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    I heard from several people that someone told bad things about my updated "Assign" command in the MorphOS mailing list. I will not point with fingers... Just want to tell:
    1. I described in the readme that the update IS EXPERIMENTAL. It can cause problems. There are several things crashing.
    2. I left my e-mail for suggestions or bug reports.
    And what?
    I got no bug reports at all. I got no problem descriptions at all. I got no feedbacks at all, whether they would be good or bad. Instead, someone behind my back tells different crap. :evil:
    If you're really cool developer with knowledge, why not to help me to fix it? Is it so difficult to mail ME a couple of lines?
    For those who are interested: thanks to Georg Steger, now i've got a snapshot of official "Assign" source code version 50.3. As soon as i get some time i'll redo my update based on this source code.
    iPod, iBook, iMac,... iRobot?
  • »24.03.05 - 14:45
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Bladerunner
    Hu? I realy wonder why you don`t read the ML yourself instead of listen to people who had heard that they heard there where bad things told....
    There was a reply from Ralph Schmidt where he said that the lesson should be not to replace System components with 3rd Party Software, and that the guy who wrote this (you in this case)

"doesn't know that the die packet is not
    a save operation at all and can't be part of dismount."

(Whatever that means ;D )
    Honestly, I can`t see anything bad with that.
    Anyway the thread in Question was just abused to discuss the whole Dev Situation anyway. But nothing where you `ve been atacked.
  • »24.03.05 - 15:26
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    Yup you need to get on the mailing list for sure. Nothing bad was said at all. The only thing was reomending not to use 3rd party system parts before they are tested and final. This came from a user having a problem with the command.
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCI-X (Registration #1894)
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCIE (Registration #6130)
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
    Need Repairs, upgrades or a recap in the USA? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com
  • »24.03.05 - 17:58
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Well, one just should mail me in such cases...
    And now, try 50.4. It's fixed a lot, works much better.
    iPod, iBook, iMac,... iRobot?
  • »25.03.05 - 06:26
    Profile Visit Website