MorphOS for classic Amiga 4000 with CyberstormPPC & CyberVis
  • Leo
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Leo
    People seems to be happy with current situation (or think there's no way to make it better).

Fine...

Leo.
    Nothing hurts a project more than developers not taking the time to let their community know what is going on.
  • »18.03.05 - 09:23
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Quote:

@Henes: prove me I'm wrong: answer to the user asking the question...

The problem is that you are in global /ignore from many guys because of too much complains and too few answers reads...

Bye

[ Edited by NicoPPC on 2005/3/19 23:42 ]
    MorphOS Rulez !
  • »19.03.05 - 14:42
    Profile Visit Website
  • Leo
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Leo
    @Nico: There is a mortal the MorphOS team isn't ignoring ? That's new to me...

(This kind of topic clearly shows some people haven't found answers to their questions...)

@+,
    [No irony]
    Leo, the bad boy who keeps complaining and does not read the *numerous* public announcements published by the MorphOS team.
    [/No irony]

[ Edited by Leo on 2005/3/20 6:31 ]
    Nothing hurts a project more than developers not taking the time to let their community know what is going on.
  • »19.03.05 - 23:27
    Profile Visit Website
  • News Moderator
    News Moderator
    Darth_X
    You don't see many people offering to pay a large sum of money for the development & testing of morphos on this older cyberstormppc platform, perhaps that is what it would take?

I sunk quite a lot of money in buying the cyberstorm myself (over $2000) when it was first produced but never got to use the PPC part of it as there was no software at the time. I ended up selling it at a loss.
    When you have eliminated all which is impossible,
    then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth!!! - Sherlock Holmes
  • »20.03.05 - 02:46
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    Tell me about it darth-x!! I've had two in my time. The first one I got was DOA and sent to DCE and never heard from again, the other got sold in my A3000 at a huge loss to get my Pegasos II.

For those of you wanting MorphOS for classics I recomend you just give it up. The old hardware is out of date and will never match the speeds of a Pegasos. Just ebay off you old system and get a Pegasos. Its well worth the money and you wouldnt ever miss the Amiga. Trust me I know.
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCI-X (Registration #1894)
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCIE (Registration #6130)
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
    Need Repairs, upgrades or a recap in the USA? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com
  • »20.03.05 - 04:30
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    @Leo: Basicly, you were asking, I was answering... Now, I don't anymore. You just complains all the time despite answers.
    Sorry, to be rude be really...
    And don't say the team is in /ignore to everyone, *I'm* just in /don'tlisten to you.

@Darth_X: Humm, PPC card package includes PowerPC software (libraries + application). There are some more PPC software available out of there.
    I've been using MorphOS 0.4 (with time limitation) for quite a while. It's a bit hard to set up but several time more usable than OS 3.x 68k.

Bye

[ Edited by NicoPPC on 2005/3/20 17:18 ]
    MorphOS Rulez !
  • »20.03.05 - 07:54
    Profile Visit Website
  • Leo
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Leo
    @Nico: Have you ever asked yourself why so many people were "complaining" (I guess it's better to stay and "complain" than leaving, but, well...), asking, wondering, guessing ?

I don't think so.

Leo.
  • »20.03.05 - 09:43
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    @Leo: I do understand people worries. But I don't understand why you never read answers...
    This would explains why you continue asking all the time.

Really, we (I and some others) used to replied to you and others on various web forum or ML. And each, time you don't read/understand/don't want to understand...

You are annoying me... You obvisouly don't wish to make situtation better, but annoy people like me.
    There even had been time were I was thinking to add Mac address detection to avoid my software to run on your machine...

I'm not use to get angry, but make a step forward in annoyance.

Do you think I "keep" unreleased stuff on my HD for fun or to make people jalous ? Are you that naive ?
    Do you think I'm happy about current difficuties ?

Bye
    MorphOS Rulez !
  • »20.03.05 - 13:35
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Quote:

Do you think I "keep" unreleased stuff on my HD for fun or to make people jalous ?

If you do not release it and do not speak about it people will complain the MorphOS developers are not communicating.

If you do not release it and do speak about it people will complain that you tease them.

if you release it while it is aimed to run on a newer MorphOS release and may not have all features enabled on current public MorphOS release people will get frustrated and complain to you.

I have to say that MorphOS developers are very couragous and that I appreciate very much what they do and that I quitted complaining a long time ago.
    If stuff is not release there must be a reason and I do understand it. If we could take all the negative energy spent against the developers and transform it into a positive effort MorphOS and the whole Amiga community would move forward at a much better pace.
    Look what happened at the bounty effort. Even such a thing could not be completed because of lach of interest and too many people who wanted different things while not helping the effort :-(
  • »21.03.05 - 00:08
  • Leo
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Leo
    @cdfr: Zero communication hurts more than anything else.

Leo.

[ Edited by Leo on 2005/3/21 16:00 ]
  • »21.03.05 - 08:57
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    SoundSquare
    it's true that everyone needs to stop complaining and encourage the remaining MOS team by a positive attitude.

it's true that we also deserve some (minimum) communication from the MOS devs or how would we know what we are encouraging ?

efforts must be made from both sides.
  • »21.03.05 - 10:22
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Leo, there is nothing wrong with the MorphOS's Team attitude. They made a big communication on July 25, 2004, and also stated many things on the MorphOS mailing list. All of that still stands. There was a big discussion on the #morphos channel today.

Sure, alot of things have happened in the last 8 months. But the bottom line is a MorphOS update is still planned. It is not done yet and there is really nothing else worth saying until it is ready.

So my advice is to be active in the community, remain positive, and cut the developers some slack. It isn't easy to release a huge update like 1.5 (or whatever you want to call it). It takes alot of work, patience and time.
    A4000/060/PPC-200MHz, A4000T/060/PPC-233MHz, CD32, MicroA1, Pegasos 2 G4, AMD Phenom Quad Core 2.5GHz, MacMini 1.5GHz/64MB VRam...mwwmwahhh :)
  • »22.03.05 - 22:17
    Profile Visit Website