• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    Quote:

dandy wrote:
    I have a weak remembering that once there existed an demo version of MorphOS for PPC-equipped classic Amigas.

IIRC the speed was reduced to the speed of an A500 after two hours - not very funny nowadays!

It's still available for download, but it is a very old and quite unusable version AFAIK, so there is little point in bothering.

It's not like newer versions for classic Amigas doesn't exist, because they do. Some developers are running current versions on their Blizzards and csppc's. MorphOS has been running on classic Amigas since day one AFAIK. It has not been released to the public though.

Quote:

How likely is a new version for PPC-equipped classic Amigas, now that the situation regarding the Pegasos version appears to be rather uncertain?

I think there are much bigger chances that there will be new public versions for the Pegasos than public versions for classic Amigas. It's not the Pegasos version that is uncertain, it's the general MorphOS situation as a whole. The Pegasos is a solid ground for MorphOS, it couldn't have a better home.

Quote:

I would really love to give it a test on my classic PPC!

Quite understandable. ;-)

MorphOS is truly a great OS! :-) :-D

Edit: Welcome to this site, BTW! :-)

[ Edited by takemehomegrandma on 2005/3/11 23:16 ]
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »11.03.05 - 14:08