Wildfire is working!
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Bladerunner
    Just to let you know (and I really searched my ass of, but found nothing) the Animation and effect processor Prog Wildfire_7 is now working fine here with MorphOS.
    Before I had severeal unpredictable crashes, sometimes right after launching, then when doing various effects etc. The trick was simple, just go to project/prefs and then dissable ppc support and picture cache (not sure about the last one, but in any case, dissable ppc support)
    And don`t be afraid about speed, in fact, when i dissabled ppc, some things where faster then before. (It is really cool to have jit ;D )

What is really interesting Wildfire supports mpeg, so one should be able to make private video CDs with animated menus without problems. Currently I am trying to designg a Menu mpeg and it looks allready very promising. Together with mjepgtools + vcdimager this should be no problem

(btw hint hint, there is currently no MorphOS version of those tools, perhaps someone would like to surf to amiga sf and make a MOS compile of this tools? I tried to, but I am still clueless about makefiles and how to make those work on mos.)
  • »09.03.05 - 18:45
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    cecilia
    excellent!
    I just tried that with the demo (the only version i can find).
    so far so good!

now i can really learn to use this program!

i don't recall the demo ever really crashing, but then i didn't so much with it until - hopefully - now.

thanks!
    love this --> :-o
    "if you ever slam anyone, for anything, somehow you always end up eating shoe" Targhan
  • »09.03.05 - 19:51
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Bladerunner
    Cecilia, I am sure you will love it, especialy it`s ability to use Image FX as an "Efect subprocessor" using arexx ;-)
  • »09.03.05 - 20:16
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    I got it working 2 years ago doing the same thing :-)
    Wildfire problem is that part of the program is 68k. If you use PPC operators you end up with race/synchro problems which make the interface crashing.
    I don't think that it would take much effort for the Wildfire author to do a native version but unfortunately he is not updating it anymore.
    Sad thing that such a good app and other such as Tornado3D were abandonned :-(

If you want to see Wildfire benches go here and scroll down up to the table.

JIT gives you about 50% of native PPC speed but it is still about 7 times faster than a 68060@50 on a G3 600.

[ Edited by cdfr on 2005/3/9 23:26 ]
  • »09.03.05 - 20:18
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Bladerunner
    cdfr:
    Well thank you for not sharing your solution :D
    And yes that was what I guessed when I tried to dissabled ppc support. Anyway with 68k jit it is still fast enough for serious work.

Oh and yeah, agreed, Wildfire is one of those gems which shoul actually made avaialable for our NG Amigas.
  • »09.03.05 - 20:23
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    discreetfx
    Does anyone know how to contact the developer of this fine application? We might be interested in buying the source-code to it and integrating it into EditFX.
    DiscreetFX
    Making your
    Digital Films
    More Effective!
  • »09.03.05 - 20:23
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Sorry for not sharing. I had planned to translate to english the article I have linked in the previous post but never did. :-o

If someone would have asked about it I would have answered.

For contacting the Wildfire author you can to wk-artworks page. Good luck.

Does anyone know what the german 3D raytracer "reflection" became ?

That was another great peace of software, they even had a powerup beta version if I remember well.
    Maybe it is time to start a thread to try to get hold of all the good software sourcecode that may just be sitting on an old Amiga hard drive.

[ Edited by cdfr on 2005/3/9 23:47 ]
  • »09.03.05 - 20:29
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    Great! :-)

I bought this software some time ago but haven't really checked it out since some people spoke about nasty crashes and stuff.

Thanks for the hints! :-D
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »09.03.05 - 22:14
    hooligan
    Boys, boys .. it's all here:

https://morph.zone/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?topic_id=249&forum=9#3018
    www.mikseri.net/hooligan <- Free music
  • »10.03.05 - 04:23
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    SoundSquare
    omg i misread... saw "firewire" :-(
  • »10.03.05 - 09:29
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Zylesea
    IIRC Refelctions was renamed to 'Monzoom', there was even a Monzoom version for AOS, but now it seems to be abandoned, since www.mornzoom.de is dead, but was the official website...
    --
    http://via.bckrs.de

Whenever you're sad just remember the world is 4.543 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie.
    ...and Matthias , my friend - RIP
  • »10.03.05 - 10:11
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    eksec
    Hi guys,

some things about Wildfire:

1. Ensure that the Stack is big enough when starting from shell (bigger than 32000)

2. The PPC things were designed for powerup and an 68K + PPC on the same machine. On a fast emulation its fore sure a good thing to turn this off.

3. How is the situation about GIF and GIF anim? Is it now possible to release such a SAVER module without paying licence fees anymore?

regads,

Andreas Küssner
    Wildfire Project Manager
  • »12.03.05 - 13:40
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Bladerunner
    Hi Andreas, nice to see you here around.

For 3. yes afaik the gif license thingy has expired, it should be save now to release the gif anim saver. Even Aminet allows now the upload of gif saver.

BTW, Just like to say that Wildfire is still a great Prog (Even if i guess i will never make it through its complexity ;-) ). It is amazaing, but even after 5 Years it is still somewhat Up to Date (At least for Amiga Situations ;-) )

Are there any chances to polish it up a bit and maybe port it to MorphOS native ? (Sorry I had to ask ;D ) Or perhaps like discreetfx sugested sell it, so someone else can develope it further?
  • »12.03.05 - 19:09
  • Just looking around
    eksec
    Hi,

well, I'll check the gif-thing out, maybee I can release the GIF image and GIF anim saver. Almost all anims on our homepage are made using Wildfire and its own gif saver module which could not be released becaus of too high licence fees.

Well, a native MorphOS Version will not be done, sorry m8. On the other hand selling the source is not planned.

Nice to see that some guys are still working with it :-)

bye, andreas.
  • »12.03.05 - 23:44
    Profile Visit Website
    hooligan
    Hi Eksec.. how's Infect? ;-)
  • »13.03.05 - 09:54
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    eksec
    INFECT rulzt!

On 5.5.2005 there will be the 1000-years of pure Infect domination party! (only for infect members) with a surpise release.

Right now I'm digitizing my old The Party VHS Tapes and burn a best-of DVD...

As long as we live the Infect-way-of-live then IFT is still there.

Bye, eksce.
  • »13.03.05 - 10:59
    Profile Visit Website
    hooligan
    Too bad you guys havent done anything for a few years.. not that DCS has either but.. :-)
  • »13.03.05 - 11:24
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    eksec
    Well, about INFECT. The new website is online since 2005/march/22. Enjoy it. (german only)

www.infect-rules.de
  • »23.03.05 - 11:39
    Profile Visit Website