OS4EMU
  • Just looking around
    Amigan
    Quote:

RockmanX wrote:
    Quote:

Amigan wrote:

"... Genesi will resume support of external MorphOS 1.5 development when there is a clear plan and a date set for the release.
    MorphOS does not currently drive significant sales of the platform. It is our hope that one day it will, but this will not be achieved without the majority of the Company's resources being focused on activities that generate revenue and profit.
    ..."

Call this imagination or that you want, but you can get the reality or continue sucking.

I think that this for a MorphOS user is *AT LEAST* to be *A BIT WORRIED*. I think that telling you *NO MORE SUPPORT AND DEVELOPMENT FOR THE SYSTEM THAT YOU HAVE PAID FOR* is a bad new for you. Call me that you want but that is the truth.

They said they need a focus change to continue supporting MorphOS, and that's what they did.
    They're simply doing their work: to spend more money, you first need to earn more.
    They say they will resume MorphOS support when the situation will be better.
    After a mess like this any normal company (and normal companies don't care about their users) would have simply said: "No more MorphOS. If you bought your Pegasos for it, that's not in our business. You bought it. Many thanks"...
    Genesi is not such a company.

What situation? The situatuion is that they stoped to pay MorphOS Developers because no revenue, Simple as that. Better Situation? Pay the developers and MOS 1.5 will be out, Don´t pay the developers and it isn´t out. The situation has been generated by Genesi don´t paying the developers because no business sense for them. Tell me *HOW THE SITUATION CAN BE BETTER? MOS DEVELOPERS WORKING FOR FREE?* .........
  • »27.11.04 - 09:13
    hooligan
    Quote:

Call this imagination or that you want, but you can get the reality or continue sucking.
    I think that this for a MorphOS user is *AT LEAST* to be *A BIT WORRIED*. I think that telling you *NO MORE SUPPORT AND DEVELOPMENT FOR THE SYSTEM THAT YOU HAVE PAID FOR* is a bad new for you. Call me that you want but that is the truth.

I knew the risks when I ordered my Pegasos. It's been worth it and if it ends here I go back to Windows. Simple as that, lets not make it so dramatic.

Quote:

I remember a lot of popople from this Cummunity telling this like:

-OS4 is vaporware
    -OS4 doesn´t exists
    -OS4 is *PUT HERE THAT YOU WANT*

Honestly speaking I see no future for OS4 any more than for MOS. The days of Amiga-glamour are way behind my friend. Besides, what has got OS4 to do with this topic? :-)
    www.mikseri.net/hooligan <- Free music
  • »27.11.04 - 09:26
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    Amigan
    Quote:

hooligan wrote:

I knew the risks when I ordered my Pegasos. It's been worth it and if it ends here I go back to Windows. Simple as that, lets not make it so dramatic.

I remember a lot of popople from this Cummunity telling this like:

-OS4 is vaporware
    -OS4 doesn´t exists
    -OS4 is *PUT HERE THAT YOU WANT*

Honestly speaking I see no future for OS4 any more than for MOS. The days of Amiga-glamour are way behind my friend. Besides, what has got OS4 to do with this topic? :-)

Hummm you are Moderator (catching your time)os this site, you say that OS4 and MOS don´t have any future, You say that Amiga-glamour are way behind and you buy pegasos and Know the Risks??????

Or you are out of every logic or your SIMPLY are ridiculous. You say that you waste your time in dead plataforms moderating dedicated webs and waste your money in dead plataforms with dead OS when you know that like you said "days of Amiga-glamour are way behind" and later switch to windows?.....

What happens here are that some desesperate amiga users for an AmigaNG System were cautch by Genesi to his camp to sell their "AmigaClone" as the AmigaNG, becasue there isn´t oficial solution at that time.

Later appears the oficial solution, and then all that users that swithed to the "OtherSolution" claims that "Hey that is shit, get pegasos". Now Genesi leave all this community alone because his business. Then you know that Pegasos/MOS days are count, and then extends this bad to the Oficial solution (A1/OS4). Please accept and recognize that you do a wrong move, OS4 have the recognized AMIGA brand name and at least it can have a opportunity and you know it.
  • »27.11.04 - 11:19
    gunne
    Amigan:

You shouldn't listen to hooligan to much... ;-)

Best wishes !

Gunne
    Best wishes, Gunne
  • »27.11.04 - 11:25
    Profile Visit Website
    gunne
    dholm:

You are right.

So to all: This thread is about OS4Emu, a software written by itix.

Please stay on topic from now on.

Thank You !

Gunne
    Best wishes, Gunne
  • »27.11.04 - 12:24
    Profile Visit Website