pegasos server
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    poundsmack
    ok somewhere a while back i remember hearing someone say something about a peg server and then they got into a big RAID discussion.....anyways since IBM is a bussiness partner what about AIX on the peg? that could realy open some doors.....LINK

though it keeps mentioning power5 archatecture and the peg is not its just an idea
    "Poundsmack, official morphzone thread creator" -LorD
    "Wanna be lord of the avatars." -JKD
  • »17.09.04 - 09:30
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Crumb
    I wonder if it would be possible to have a software Raid at SmartFirmware level, I mean something about activating it with a flag in the smart firmware, connecting two identical drives and using it transparently from the OS...
  • »17.09.04 - 09:35
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    liquidbit
    Quote:

poundsmack wrote:
    ok somewhere a while back i remember hearing someone say something about a peg server and then they got into a big RAID discussion.....anyways since IBM is a bussiness partner what about AIX on the peg? that could realy open some doors.....LINK

though it keeps mentioning power5 archatecture and the peg is not its just an idea

IBM AIX it does not going so good my friend,
    we got free courses from IBM for Linux...IBM trying to push Linux instead..even the new AIX 5.x fully support linux...so...

liquidbit
    ..there will be only one left.
  • »17.09.04 - 11:04