The GIMP
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    poundsmack
    ok this i found interesting and i know magnetic is going to kill me but i still think i should post this. ok i took this from the freshmeat page on jully 20, what i tihnk is important i will put in bold.

The Gimp 2.1.2 (Development)
    by Sven Neumann - Tue, Jul 20th 2004 04:40 PDT

About: The GIMP is the GNU Image Manipulation Program. It is a freely distributed piece of software suitable for such tasks as photo retouching, image composition and image authoring. It can be used as a simple paint program, an expert quality photo retouching program, an online batch processing system, a mass production image renderer, a image format converter, etc.

Changes: This release adds a couple of new features like support for the system clipboard and improved drag'n'drop capabilities. The user interface is being improved further and the core code is now completely separated from the GUI which manifests itself in a new (optional) binary called gimp- console.

this means the gimp is now very portable and a MUI GUI could be easily implemented without having to strip the GIMP down of GTK! anyone else find this interesting?
    "Poundsmack, official morphzone thread creator" -LorD
    "Wanna be lord of the avatars." -JKD
  • »21.07.04 - 23:30
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    cecilia
    first, stop worrying about what others may think of your quest for new programs.
    second, i LOVE GIMP. i use it on my linux and it's quite nice. they have a windows version which i have never tried, and i know nothing about trying to port it.

but the program is quite nice. it has a much nicer GUI than photoshop (but then, what doesn't?) and can do certain things easier than other image processing programs.
    I wouldn't say it's be-all and end-all, but it has certainly become part of my arsenal. :-D

[ Edited by cecilia on 2004/7/21 19:00 ]
    "if you ever slam anyone, for anything, somehow you always end up eating shoe" Targhan
  • »22.07.04 - 00:00
    Profile Visit Website