Amiga 880k disc image mountfile
    gunne
    Hello

I have created a simple mount file that mounts an Amiga Floppy-disc-image (880k), in any form, within MorphOS.

Get the mount file here

To use the mountfile you need to install two software-packages.

DiskImage

and

xadmaster

Put the mountfile in; Sys:Devs/DOSDrivers

The software DiskImage can be installed to any place, and xlib.library into Sys:libs and diskimage.device into Sys:Devs

From xadmaster you need to install xadmaster.library + the xad-clients into Sys:libs and the xad-tools into Sys:C. Guides is also included in the software packages.

After installation you have to restart the computer, and if you then write the command assign in shell you will find a device DF0, nothing assigned to it yet.

You can now launch the Software DiskImage Ctrl and you will find a device in it called DF0. You can now choose any file of your choice that is an Amiga 880k floppy disc-image of any kind, .dms .adf or any sort of xadmaster supported format and mount as DF0. The Image will be mounted as an ordinary disc on the Ambient desktop, and decompressing will be automatically on-the-fly, and you can write, read or launch software etc. You can also eject the disc and mount another file instead.

If you want to mount several images in the same go, you can do copies of the mountfile DF0, and name them DF1, Df2 and so on..., dont forget to change unit number, 0, 1, 2 etc...

Included with the software DiskImage is some ready made empty disc images (gzip) in different formats, as well as some mount files.

Please note that if you want to mount for instance a disc in PC-Dos format, or Iso images, you need to install a filesystem suitable that format, fat95 - for PC-Dos or CacheCDFS for iso files for instance.

And finally... if you find software useful, support shareware developers.:-)

Gunne
    Best wishes, Gunne
  • »05.06.04 - 13:41
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    Great work! I've been wanting to do this for some time!
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCI-X (Registration #1894)
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCIE (Registration #6130)
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
    Need Repairs, upgrades or a recap in the USA? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com
  • »05.06.04 - 14:05
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    I got one problem when I did this now. I reboot and before MOS come up I get a requester that fills the screen asking me to insert volume DFO and It wont boot any more past this. I have to use my arrow keys to move it to cancel or it gets stuck here.
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
    Need Repairs, upgrades or a recap in the USA? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com
  • »05.06.04 - 14:19
    Profile Visit Website
    gunne
    Hmm, thats strange.

I got no problem like that. Its not good if things like that might happens. Could it perhaps be depending on different boot.img ? Are you using a Pegasos II with the latest boot.img ?

Or what kind of setup do you have ?

Did you copy also diskimage.device to Sys:devs from the Diskimage software ?

I forgot to mention that.

Gunne
    Best wishes, Gunne
  • »05.06.04 - 14:49
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    Nope I didnt do the diskimage.device I'll see if it works. And I have a Peg II with te latest everything.

EDIT: Seems to have worked, but now I need to figure out how to make it show on the sesktop. Its unmounted like you say.
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
  • »05.06.04 - 15:44
    Profile Visit Website
    gunne
    Great !

You have to load a Amiga floppy diskimage file in DiskImage Ctrl. If you have DMS files of Amiga 880k floppydisks for instance.

Its very great, and the fastest floppydisk I ever used. Formatted in less then one second :-)

And nice to be able to load iso files as well. Works great with AmiCDFS here also. But you have to create a mountfile for each device (file) you want to be able to load.

Gunne
    Best wishes, Gunne
  • »05.06.04 - 15:58
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    Had some problems with it while using. Not sure if it was just a freek thing, but after puting in an ADF and a DMS file my Work: partition got corrupted. Like I said I dont know if this caused it, but before I put the first disk in all was fine. I removed it and reformated to fix my problems.
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
  • »06.06.04 - 12:32
    Profile Visit Website
    gunne
    Hi Acill

Ouch, Im sorry, and that was not so good. But seems you solved it also.

Perhaps I could recommend to use either SFS or PFS as filesystem. Im using PFS myself, and have never any problem with that. Anyway a backup is always good to have for being safe.

Gunne
    Best wishes, Gunne
  • »06.06.04 - 22:30
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    Its not a problem, ny system needed a cleanup and now its done. I have a backup so it was safe.
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
  • »07.06.04 - 01:54
    Profile Visit Website