ModeEdit Bandwith setting
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    I am using a Gateway Ex700 CRT monitor. Its quite new and works with MOS great. The only problem is the bandwith input block in modeedit. I had to guess at my settings. Its not listed in my monitor manual and gateway tells me it has no such setting. I know they have them because its listed in my old monitors manual. How can I find out this setting so I can use the correct value? I think this CRT is made by sony for gateway.
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCI-X (Registration #1894)
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCIE (Registration #6130)
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
    Need Repairs, upgrades or a recap in the USA? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com
  • »02.06.04 - 15:12
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    AyoS
    Try "googling" to find the specific specs of your
    monitor. then if you still don't find the bandwidth info, check to see if the oem has the specs for their version of the same monitor, then use those values. I had the same problem, I use a Radius Precision color/17, and had to adjust the values just under the max bandwith.
  • »02.06.04 - 15:24
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    I've done all that. It seems that these values are just a mystery! I have them set at a working level, but 1024 x 768 is the best clear screen I can get. I do have others available, but they flicker. This monitor is able to much higher then that, and its tested on a Mac at WAY higher.
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCI-X (Registration #1894)
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCIE (Registration #6130)
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
    Need Repairs, upgrades or a recap in the USA? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com
  • »02.06.04 - 15:36
    Profile Visit Website