Yet another lame port Request
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Bladerunner
    Ok, actually I would never have done that, requesting a game port. But hey sometimes things has to be asked, and as we have seen the Port of ottd has even given a boost for the SDL Project (Thanx alot itix for your powersdl.lib if the good work continues, i might change my opinion about sdl one day, also thanx for Tokai, pointing me to the latest version of powersdl.lib).

But back on Topic, there was a really cool game during the Amiga Period, called Der Clou(The Clou) from NEO Software. For those who did never hear about this game, it is a burglar Simulation.
    For those who understand german, I have written a review for Amiga Future, which can be found here

The Game itself is open source since 2000 but there was not much done even when there where hot discussions about possible improvments, I even did a request back than on Amiga News for some Amiga Coder to help the project (without success)

But there exists a somewhat early SDL port from 2003 on Sourceforge The original Sourcecode as well as the Amiga AGA Version is availabe through the Neo FTP Server The Sourcecode is DerCloubase.zip, unfortunatelly it seems to be the Source of the DOS Version, afair the SAS/C Amiga Version got lost long time ago.

I would play it through emulation, either UAE or DOS Box, but UAE still has those sound issues and DOS Box stops after the intro.

Well, I hope that someone will bring back the Clou to an Amiga Plattform, because it was pure fun to play.
  • »31.05.04 - 03:58
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    I think a Tetrinet Port would be fantastic! ;)
    Bye
    TriMa
  • »31.05.04 - 13:41
    Profile Visit Website