Ftp Daemon
  • buh
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    buh
    Can someone suggest me a valid ftp server daemon for peggy?

I use miamidx like tcp ip stack.

I try rcftpd but when I connect by ftp client I have no directories in list, and the setting should be correct.

In aminet I have found others programs but they request amitcp and not miami.
    Some help?

Tks.
  • »14.04.04 - 08:46
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    magnetic
    buh

For ftp client, I recommend ATC (AmiTradeCenter) from Amiga Zeux and UltraGelb!

magnetic

works great here with miami dx
    Pegasos 2 Rev 2B3 w/ Freescale 7447 "G4" @ 1ghz / 1gb Nanya Ram
    Quad Boot: MorphOS 2.7 | Amiga OS4.1 U4 | Ubuntu PPC GNU/Linux | OS X 10.4
  • »14.04.04 - 09:10
    Profile Visit Website
  • buh
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    buh
    @magnetic
    great ftp client, but I need a ftp daemon server.

@tokai
    I try this evening some daemons for amitcp but yesterday I have problems to install some of them.

Damn, rcftpd is a great graphical server, I don't understand why it does not work correctly.
  • »14.04.04 - 09:18
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    brotheris
    Quote:

Damn, rcftpd is a great graphical server, I don't understand why it does not work correctly.

At first it is a pain in the cheek to set up. Make sure you add right directories and mark right privileges for users. Only after about three headbangs into wall it becomes more clear. Try and you'll succeed.
    Home sweet home is Pegasos User Group Lithuania
  • »14.04.04 - 09:34
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Bladerunner
    Buh
    Actually, it works fine with Morph OS.
    But I remember i had the same Problem.

If i am right there has to be an Alias with an "/" but without defining a pathname. All drawers you want to share now with your ftp must now have an alias with /pathname
  • »14.04.04 - 09:36
  • Just looking around
    Blaster
    Hi,

I have installed some weeks ago a ftp server on MOS. Actually it works fine (rc-ftpd and ftpd too (ftpd is supplied with Genesis or AmiTCP)), but at the begining, i had the same problem that you. I remember, like Bladerunner said, that's a pathname problem.

First, if you want to use your ftp server via Internet, it's better to create a dedicated FTP partition for security reasons.

For rc-ftpd :
    1) Create some differents FTP users accounts (with differents pathname like /FTP) into Miami or Genesis (Miami-->Users)
    2) Be sure to add authorization access in Miami for FTP service (Miami-->Access-->add : ftp *.*.*.* allow log)
    3) If necessary, add ports FTP service (20, 21) in Miami's database (Miami-->database-->service-->add : ftp, port 20, proto tcp; add : ftp, port 21, proto tcp)
    4) Verify you don't launch inetd superserver at Miami startup (Miami-->Options) because rc-ftpd is stand-alone (on the other hand, ftpd need inetd)
    5) Puts the rights permissions in rc-ftpd (cases)
    6) launch rc-ftpd
    7) launch AmiTradeCenter to test your FTP daemon with the differents accounts (use IP 127.0.0.1)

Good luck !

---
    Blaster
  • »14.04.04 - 14:19
  • buh
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    buh
    Many thanks. This evening I try all.

@blaster
    Your list of suggestions is fantastic
    Great!
  • »14.04.04 - 14:56
  • buh
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    buh
    @brotheris
    The problem is the path "/". I have no create the fake path.

Sincerely, I don't undertand the reason to create it but now all works correctly.

Many thanks to all.

Bye.
    Luca.
  • »15.04.04 - 08:48