Voyager 3.4.?
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    AyoS
    Has anyone heard about an updated version of Voyager?
    I bought Voyager a couple of years ago, and really liked
    it. Is their a full version of Voyager for Mos available
    for Purchase?
  • »13.04.04 - 01:30
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    poundsmack
    MOS comes with a fully regestered verysion of voyager and i think it is in the 3.4.? ranger....correct me if i am mistaken
    "Poundsmack, official morphzone thread creator" -LorD
    "Wanna be lord of the avatars." -JKD
  • »13.04.04 - 02:23
    Profile Visit Website
  • Targhan
    Hi!

Well, I can certainly see how someone with previous Amiga experience could easily mistake the included Voyager as a demo version. AWeb had it's bookmarks removed as part of the "special edition" demo included on AmigaOS3.5/9 cd's. Due to some circumstances Voyager lost it's bookmarking system on the MorphOS 1.4 distribution.

However, the included Voyager is a full version. The loss of bookmarks is due to progress of Voyager and progress of the ContactManager library system, and done independantly of one another. Now, it is possible to return the bookmarks to Voyager, but it takes a little bit of work (if you're like me and don't feel like waiting).

1. Download the CMRexx.library from the aminet.

2. Download v2cm, and follow the instruction included with that package.

I'm sure that the bookmarks will return again, when Voyager is next updated. Still, using v2cm is a workable stopgap written just for this purpose.
    :idea:Targhan

MorphOS portal? www.MorphZone.org
  • »13.04.04 - 05:03
    Profile Visit Website
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    DrZarkov
    There is somebody regulary writing at the german www.amiga-club.de and www.amiga-news.de (forum), he uses 3.4.6! Asked about it he told that he had registered Voyager, because he thought the Morphos-version is a demo, but he got a version, which was older than 3.4. So he wrote an angry letter to Vaporware, and got 3.4.6. It has a reminder not to spread this software, it is not public (yet). So there is hope for the future:-)

BTW: Yesterday I've got a reminder with my password for the beta2-server. Is this a hint that something big will come that makes my password necessary again? :-)
  • »13.04.04 - 05:48
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    AyoS
    Thanks All,

I knew that Voyager was a registered copy, just wanted to know what happened to the bookmarks, and what future planned development is Waiting in the wings.

@DrZarkov

I guess it is time for me to get my password on the Beta2 server. I had tried back in January but never pursued after that. I think Mos 1.4.2 is worth the effort.

katos
  • »13.04.04 - 13:19
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    DrZarkov
    @tokai: I just had some hopes on 1.5 :-) But the new updates are very good and important, too. Printing! Yes!
  • »13.04.04 - 18:52
    Profile Visit Website
  • Targhan
    @katos1

The downloads I mentioned before make a good work around for the short term. There was simply a change in the CManager system which didn't really agree with Voyager. Due to time constraints, Zapek really couldn't do much at the time of release. I'm sure the bookmarks will be back later ;-)
    :idea:Targhan

MorphOS portal? www.MorphZone.org
  • »13.04.04 - 19:11
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    AyoS
    Thanks Targhan,

I was just wondering what was up. Hopefully Vaporware will have
    a new Version sometime this year. It is nice to see that this is just
    temporary and improvements are on the way.
  • »13.04.04 - 23:55