Wrong Place to Ask?
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Dunno if I'm in the wrong place to ask these questions, but I am a former dedicated Amy user who switched over to a :::yucch::: peecee p4. I have some hardware now that I use with the peecee and would like to move to a Pegasos II feeling confident there is an emulator which will let me synchronize my hardware with the computer. I have a Sony CLIE which should work with any good Mac or ::::gulp::: peecee emulator. I also have a Creative Nomad 20gb Jukebox which I'd like to manipulate audio files on. Can I do this with a Pegasos II? I want to switch over to the Pegasos, but don't wanna lose my handheld, jukebox, or digital camera (which was the last thing I was gonna ask). I use an old Digital Wallet (seen as an external removable drive and interfaced via USB, as are all the hardware devices. Can anyone out there convince me that I'd be doing the right thing to dump the p4? hehehehe

Harry Flaxman
    hflaxman@neb.rr.com
    Config: Pegasos II G4 1ghz, 1024mb memory,
    Radeon 9200,160gb hd total, Sound Blaster Live!
  • »22.03.04 - 16:43
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    downix
    Using Mac on Linux you can run the latest Mac OS X. Using Bochs, can even run Windows.
    Nate Downes
    Genesi SARL
  • »22.03.04 - 17:04
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    I guess that leaves compatibility out of the equation. As soon as I found out the II was coming out, I swore I would buy one, guess I will now. Means new memory, but video board and other things in pc will more than likely work, according to the purveyor I'm talking to. He recommended this site to ask more intricate questions. Thanks!
  • »22.03.04 - 17:18
    Kronos
    The camera should be listed as "massstorage.device" in
    Poseidon (thats the USB-device). You will probraly also
    need "Fat95" if the camera uses a Windows-filesystem.

Might even be that your Jukebox will also show up as
    massstorage, but don't shoot me if it doesn't :eek:
  • »22.03.04 - 17:21
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Spidey
    Hi downix,

With Bochs you can't do much at the moment.

As long as we can't get access to peripherals from inside Bochs (like through parallel, serial, USB, ethernet).....

I use it for displaying Office documents right :-)

Bye,

Spidey
  • »22.03.04 - 18:33
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    I should have thought about the Mac emulation under Linux. I haven't tried it here, even though I run Linux. I should be able to gain access to the CLIE through that emulation. I should be able to gain access to most USB stuff through the Macintosh.

Harry
  • »23.03.04 - 00:21