Flacapella doesn't read discs
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Travis_H
    Just tried two CDs and Flacapella never returns a result for the disc or allows ripping even the tracks. Something broken again?
  • »18.10.24 - 20:13
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    emeck
    @Travis_H

Hi, it is working here. Just ripped a CD in my Mini and some days ago a couple more in my PowerBook.

What machine are you using? Also, if you want to save as mp3 you'll need to install lame. There is an example in the guide for using lame with Flacapella.

[ Edited by emeck 19.10.2024 - 09:02 ]
    PowerBook 5.8 MorphOS 3.18
    Mac Mini MorphOS 3.18
  • »19.10.24 - 07:23
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Did you check Flacapella's Log Window?
  • »19.10.24 - 20:17
    Profile Visit Website
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Travis_H
    It's working this morning, so all is good. Not sure why it didn't the other day. I'm using a Mac Mini and I know one day the drive may just give out.

Here's hoping USB CD-rom drives can replace the aging drives soon!
  • »20.10.24 - 17:33
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    There are plenty of UJ-85J (IDE) as well as other Apple/Matsushita (Panasonic) superdrives available via the usual online stores ATM, and they are cheap. So, it's worthwhile keeping a spare for such an eventuality, as they are easy to replace and a direct replacement, and actually an enhancement, to the standard CDRW-DVD-ROM (Combo) or CDRW-DVDRW drives that Apple fitted as Superdrives back when the G4/G5 hardware was new. Not as plentiful a supply to replace the IDE DVDRW drives in Power Macintosh's, but probably any IDE DVDRW drive will do just fine. I haven't had to replace mine, and I've a few spares from such hardware anyway, as well as some other IDE DVDRW drives.

After this amount of time it is often just the read/write lens that will have got dirty/dusty which is enough to stop it from reading/writing, but with some careful cleaning they usually spring back into working life. 8-)

You can use an external USB CD/DVD drive with the Dual-boot Mac side of the Apple hardware, but using them with MorphOS has still not been properly addressed, I wish I could say that it had. :-(
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »21.10.24 - 06:45