• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    @ vox - PageStream v5 - is virtually useless on OS4, as it is on 68k hardware. :-(

Quote:

vox wrote: Covers one more need, more use of PGS version 5 has PDF export, but I don't see any export to anything editable elsewhere (e.g. RTF)
    RTF text import and export is linked to the text format you have available to import or that you write that can be exported in RTF if you choose that option. These are a few of the links to these topics on the PageStream website - Documentation:

PageStream - Import text as RTF - options

PageStream - Export as RTF

The PageStream v5x program for OS4 or 68k has never, as yet, got to a mature state where it can basically even do anything. I know some OS4 users have asked for help to get this to happen, though currently this seems highly unlikely, so realistically the only option for Amiga users is the MorphOS release, which was only brought about by the extremely involved hard work, and kudos mainly thanks to Frank Mariak (cyfm), with lots of PageStream user knowledge and insights from Christoph Poelzl (rmsvideo) and his son Sebastien (to get it to this point. :-)

If you use Windows as well then the 32-bit version of PageStream is also supposed to be fairly stable, but I still think that the MorphOS version is currently better than the others - thanks to Frank Mariak. 8-D

I did get an email from Deron Kazmaier a few days ago stating that he might set aside some time in March-April, as he said he is about to finish whatever project he is/was working on, and he should manage to set aside some time to get on with fixes to PageStream during that time. I am hopeful this will happen, but we will have to see how it all plays out. ;-)

I'm still practising with PageStream, and I've been using it for about 30 years! Just use what you need and try some things out and see how they go, it's a learning process as the program's features are so extensive.
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »01.03.24 - 02:52