• jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Quote:

matt3 wrote:
    The issue I have if I play a video than quit the video and watch another one, after a bunch of times it won't load the same video anymore and videos similar in size.

By quitting the video, do you mean you quit the whole MPlayer program and re-launch it with a new video, or do you stop the video but then add a new video in MPlayer without quitting the actual program?

If the latter, how do you add a new video? Are the previous ones kept in the playlist?

Quote:

My system is a PCIe PowerMac with 2 gigs of memory. I do have a lot open at all times (Iris, PolyOrga, Pagestream, wayfarer) driving 2 screens off the X1900 PCIe card. One screen is 1080P and the other in 1920x1200. If I play a video on my nonambient 1080p screen it is slower and choppy compared to the ambient screen.

If you're still suspecting memory trashing issues, checking the debug log regularly (or enable the Activity Light in the Debug sbar module to make it indicate immediately if there are new entries in the log) does reveal quite efficiently if there are badly behaving programs breaking things, and then you can isolate better what could be causing issues and possibly limit its use.

Regarding the choppiness issue, I've never seen that kind of behaviour on my single monitor systems even when running MPlayer on different screens. Maybe that's related to dual-monitor or graphics card drivers rather than MPlayer itself.
  • »21.02.24 - 07:02
    Profile Visit Website