• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    Quote:

matt3 schrieb:
    The issue I have if I play a video than quit the video and watch another one, after a bunch of times it won't load the same video anymore and videos similar in size.

My system is a PCIe PowerMac with 2 gigs of memory. I do have a lot open at all times (Iris, PolyOrga, Pagestream, wayfarer) driving 2 screens off the X1900 PCIe card. One screen is 1080P and the other in 1920x1200. If I play a video on my nonambient 1080p screen it is slower and choppy compared to the ambient screen.

This seems to be more a problem of so many open progs, which are influencing each other. MOS has no memory-protection and some progs are not written well, according to the programming style-guides. Especially the parallel use of Wayfarer and ImageFX, or also Pagestream, causes sometimes crashes on my system.

A reason also may be the graphics-card: I don't have X1900 card, so I cannot say anything about the behaviour of this card. I use older ones (original Radeon 9600/9250/9700), which are supported now a long time - maybe the drivers are more perfected.

What I very often use is OWB in combination with MPLAYER for Youtube or similar platforms - this works flawless even over a long time with many different videos....
    Peg2, 3xPowerMac G5, 2xPowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T and life is never boring.....
  • »20.02.24 - 22:06