• jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Memory leak would be that the program would allocate memory and then wouldn't free it at any point, making you eventually run out of the memory. Maybe you mean memory trashing or so, but you should be able to catch some MorphOS debug logs which could point where it went wrong.

But MPlayer has been really stable generally, at least when pausing and re-launching etc. here, never had any issues with it. I even tried to launch a video, pause it, resume it, quit mplayer with 100 times in a row for couple of videos, and didn't have any issues... and memory was freed always.

I used this command to test it now :)
    Code:
    waitx secs=2 loop=100 "echo start*Nrun >NIL: mplayer -gui 1 Fun:Videos/RNOSlides.avi*Nwait 4*Nrxcmd MPLAYER.1 pause*Nwait 2*Nrxcmd MPLAYER.1 pause*Nwait 2*Nrxcmd MPLAYER.1 quit"

But I rarely use the stop button for anything, I usually pause things rather than stop... wasn't able to reproduce anything with the stop button now with a quick try either.

If you get some crash logs, I'd bet that something else is the root issue, but otherwise there might be some feature in the program that doesn't work in the way you'd expect. In any case I'm a bit suspicious for claims that it'd be anything memory related bugging with the MPlayer itself.

Edit:
    And if it would be memory related issue (trashing/crashing), you most likely wouldn't be able to close the program and restart it.

[ Edited by jPV 20.02.2024 - 20:02 ]
  • »20.02.24 - 18:51
    Profile Visit Website