• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Quote:

Papiosaur wrote: It's most an "information" message than a "error" message.

. . . but if it doesn't do what it is supposed to do . . . Easy2Install . . . then it is an error! ;-)
    Quote:

Papiosaur wrote: Explanation: Many (many) archives on the storage are not compatible with Easy2Install.

Maybe the way forward would be to anticipate that many archives will not be compatible as you would like or want, and adapt Easy2Install to adapt to the way many archives will be created and either unarchive all the files as the developer expects and install them all into the destination path folder/directory, even if there is a folder/directory of the same name already - adding a -1, or -2, etc. increment, as applicable, so there are no matched files clashing.
    Quote:

Papiosaur wrote: In this case, for LEU, the archive is corredtly extracted but Easy2Install searched the Destination path for the LEU/LEU executable ...

So, do I understand you correctly . . . Easy2Install was looking for the folder Leu, which had actually been named Leu0.08 so it could not find the Leu folder/directory and that was why the 'error requester' was generated? :-?

It is no good having Easy2Install download the archive, unarchive it, but fail to install it, or fail to find it, and also then delete the file because it could not find a way to install it or run it as it expected to, it has to be able to adapt sufficiently to complete its task you are developing it for. I know that is probably easier said than achieved, but it needs to work as expected whatever file or archive structure is aimed at it! 8-)
    Quote:

Papiosaur wrote: Search in your destination path, you should have a "Leu0.08" drawer extracted (2 progress bars terminated = download and extract successfull). In the unarchived file drawer, there are 6 drawers, one for each platform that contains an executable. Move MorphOS exe in the root (which has a good name) and rename Leu0.08 drawer to Leu and rescan version for this entry. If you double-click on Leu entry, Leu will be lauched. Uninstall will work too.

I will try the process again later today/tonight, following your suggestions, and report back on whatever success/error I get. ;-)
    Quote:

Papiosaur wrote: Best way will be to have specific archives on MorphOS-Storage adapted to Easy2Install will allow to the user to launch easiest an app.
    Many, many archives have these sort of problems... i try to adapt some of them but the allow of developers to adapt their archives and some help to adapt archives will help me for this project.
    This is the readme file for explanations:
    Easy2Install.readme

OK, but I have read the ReadMe file previously, but I will read it through once more. ;-)
    Quote:

Papiosaur wrote: About "Abort" button, it's on the TODO list ;-)

OK, thanks for that! 8-)
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »30.07.23 - 09:29