• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Templario
    Quote:

pikewerfer escribió:
    So I am a product owner and I am working with a team in Nepal/India to develop software (for my company).

Now, I (in my private capacity) recently was in need of a piece of software I needed, but could not create myself (not enough time plus some missing skills). My team got me in touch with two friends of theirs who worked as freelance devs. They got it done for me in two sprints (which I PO'd). It cost me about 360 USD. We spent about 26 hours on it. Which was way better than the commercial solution for my problem (which would have added a zero to that figure).

So I asked them if they would like to do some stuff for MorphOS. Now, they do not know it, so we would need to give them some introduction, and they also don't own any machines, so we would need to provide them. Plus they would need some funding (they usually either work for a fixed price, or they do 10 - 15 USD per hour).

So I was THINKING: If we do a bounty for a port of e.g. apache, everyone pledges, we get together $money, then tell these boys that they will get $money if they create a NEW and WORKING port for this, and then provide them a training session or two... plus send over an old Mac mini or two....

His proposals sound a bit like a scam, send money to people in faraway countries, develop programs that the MorphOS user won't use.
  • »20.12.22 - 20:16