• Cocoon
    Cocoon
    pikewerfer
    I am going to Nepal a few times next year, so I could just bring them the hardware.

Concerning price - I should have been more precise: so this is what I paid them because that is what I believe Devs should earn. Their standard rates are a lot lower, and, as I said, they are used to working for a fixed price for a project.

But I do get your third and final argument, although my experience so far has been that these guys learn really fast. But having no knowledge is definitely a disadvantage.

It was just an idea. Because it seems we are pretty low on options otherwise. In order for MorphOS to survive, we need to make sure it stays up-to-date in essential matters - like apache, samba, email, browser, office package, etc. If we cannot make sure to keep up, this will continue to deteriorate.

I would be willing to take the risk, and pledge 100-200 bucks for the first project and also PO it. If we could train a bunch of these guys to then earn all the bounties we throw at them, we could make this system more attractive to people.

Ah well... other ideas?
    Mac Mini 1.25 GHZ, 1 GB RAM, MorphOS 3.17
  • »20.12.22 - 17:11