• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Tcheko
    Quote:

djcollins wrote:

[...]

The groove is not good, all notes do not play toghether! USB is just BAD for midi data... (Yes, you can search the web for this information).

Well bad. I didn't made any benchmarking for jitter/delay with USB. I'll look at that to see if anything is off on the MorphOS side.

Also, keep in mind that USB to serial interface has embedded software (ie: firmware). If you use cheap interface, one can expect cheap behaviour.

Quote:

My question is: what is the solution to use the pegasos Josystick gameport or soundblaster PCI Gameport to have native midi just like my A1200 ?

I don't plan implementing this at all. While I understand that you feel that USB isn't right for the task, better find if there is a way to improve the USB path (if possible at all...).

Quote:

I need to try this. For information i make the entire track on horny then i capture the Akai MPC ONE output with the Pegasos and import on HD-REC (Another kickass app!) for mastering! I can master all in Amiga! Compressor, multiband compressor, little reverb, stereo enhencer... etc.. all you need to polish your song! Is the stock camd.library capable to redirect signals on gameport or i need to try another older verison of this library ? Thanks you for your response.

You can try 68k camd.library and see if it works. I never tried myself, can't help much here.

I'll be glad to ear two raw recordings (ie: no post processing), one made on an Amiga and one made on a Pegasos to let me feel the difference. Let me know if you can do such recordings.

Tcheko
    Quelque soit le chemin que tu prendras dans la vie, sache que tu auras des ampoules aux pieds.
    -------
    I need to practice my Kung Fu.
  • »07.05.23 - 23:03
    Profile Visit Website