Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Quote:

amyren wrote:
    Quote:

jPV wrote:
    Quote:

amyren wrote:
    1. Extract the iso file into a folder somewhere.

You could just mount the ISO (rmb over ISO and "Mount..."). "Extracting" files into folder sounds like overkill and there's always chance to mess something in files (dates, protection bits..) and your drive just gets fragmented ;) By using the mounted ISO you keep everything in the original state.

Unfortunately if I try to mount it from RMB, it fails.
    The output window says it cant find the command
    MOSSYS:Ambient/scripts/mountisoimage
    This might be due to some leftovers from a Chrysalis pack I installed long time ago. But I dont know how to fix these menu entries.
    What is the correct syntax to mount the iso file from shell?

When looking at Ambient MIME types for x-iso-9660:
    MOSSYS:S/MountISO %sp OPENVIEW

So, replace %sp with the image name.

This is how it is on the standard MorphOS installation... and I don't think that I've never touched it myself either. Haven't had Chrysalis installed, I wonder if it has modified MOSSYS: contents at some point or what's the case...

EDIT: checked MorphOS 2.0 ISO, and there indeed is the MOSSYS:Ambient/scripts/mountisoimage file :D So, it has changed during the years and if you had saved the filetype with some own settings it probably haven't got updated in MorphOS upgrades. It could also be possible that I have fixed it on my setup at some point but have forgotten it...

[ Edited by jPV 10.03.2022 - 23:41 ]
  • »10.03.22 - 21:17
    Profile Visit Website