• jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Quote:

Zylesea wrote:
    Do I get it right: Just browse the files (selected files/dirs by file requester or sniffing entire volumes), get the album title and put (probably move not copy) all files of the same album title in one directory? If so that does not seem to be a biggie. ATM I am a bit too busy, but in 2-3 weeks I should have spare time again. Maybe this function would be a nice extention to Exutil, my Exif based renaming tool.

The hardest part for you is probably to get the title out of the tag reliably, at least when coding with Hollywood if you don't have code to extract data from tags. There's A-MC's ID3Tag library for Hollywood, but it's little limited (supports v1 and v2.3.0 tags only) and little buggy (calculates tag sizes wrong), but if all the tags in MP3 files are in the supported versions, it probably works fine and would make the task easier for you.

I coded an MP3 tag editor myself and that library simply wasn't enough, and I had to code support for more versions (v1.0, v1.1, v1+, v2.2.0, v2.3.0, and v2.4.0) by myself from scratch. It's a bit mess with all those versions and encodings you might come up, and some encoders/editors stretching the standard etc :) Very time consuming stuff to get it right and tested with all cases...

Soo... I also might do something for the issue, but if that A-MC's library or something else would be enough, and you would like to add this feature to Exutil, it would be nice... I don't have time for new projects for at least couple of weeks either :)
  • »16.09.20 - 06:06
    Profile Visit Website