Youtube
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    Since today Youtube is completely useless in OWB! Switching to Indivdio.us.....

[ Editiert durch Amigaharry2 09.06.2020 - 23:26 ]
    Peg2, 3xPowerMac G5, 2xPowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T and life is never boring.....
  • »09.06.20 - 21:21
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Zylesea
    I haven't noticed a change. Works here.
    --
    http://via.bckrs.de

Whenever you're sad just remember the world is 4.543 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie.
    ...and Matthias , my friend - RIP
  • »09.06.20 - 21:57
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    That is all you get here in Austria:

38749431zl.jpg

[ Editiert durch Amigaharry2 10.06.2020 - 00:11 ]
    Peg2, 3xPowerMac G5, 2xPowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T and life is never boring.....
  • »09.06.20 - 22:11
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    None of spoofing-possibilities is working.
    The last 3 weeks YOUTUBE sends a massage, that our browser is outdated and no longer supported......
  • »10.06.20 - 08:17
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    koszer
    Quote:

Amigaharry2 wrote:
    None of spoofing-possibilities is working.
    The last 3 weeks YOUTUBE sends a massage, that our browser is outdated and no longer supported......

Did anyone try setting OWB user agent through env variable? The readme says it should be possible:

Code:
    - Some additional exotic settings are only available through env vars at the
    moment (they will end in regular settings later, if they still make sense):
    OWB_USER_AGENT [user agent string] - overrides the user agent configured in settings
  • »10.06.20 - 08:45
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    KennyR
    Just google being wankers again. I block so much of YouTube that there isn't much left: recommended videos, trending, ads, nerve reminder to log in, attempts to get me to use Chrome, etc.

Every so often they change the site and it breaks everything with scripts, third party YT tools and mirror sites, in an attempt to force-feed us their ads and sell off our viewing preferences to scary faceless corporations. It never occurs to them that we use scripts and mirror sites to avoid all that bullshit.

If only we could dump google and get this content somewere else.
  • »10.06.20 - 09:23
    connor
    https://duckduckgo.com/?q=video+platforms+like+youtube&ia=web
  • »10.06.20 - 10:32
    KennyR
    Quote:

connor wrote:

If it was that simple, people wouldn't use YT at all.

"Hey, I'll upload my video to Vimeo so millions of people will see it" said no-one ever.
  • »10.06.20 - 11:33
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Spectre660
    On AmigaOS 4.1FE working ok. Odyssey 1.23 r5)beta07 . No spoofing .
    Could it be an ISP issue ?

Apart from the
    "We'll stop supporting this browser soon. For the best experience, please update your browser."
  • »10.06.20 - 11:37
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Brumiga
    @Amigaharry2,

I am in france. I have just tried with my macmini and youtube works fine without any spoofing. It is just a little bit slow with the macmini which has only 512 mb. Have you tried to clean owb ? Delete in /conf all *.db files there and in /conf/localstorage every file *.* also.

Brumiga
  • »10.06.20 - 13:56
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Spectre660
    There is at least one AmgaOS 4.1 user with an issue who posted on Amigan.net as well so something may be up.

Quote:

K-L

Re: Odyssey 1.23 progress: r5 beta07

Posted on: Yesterday 17:29 #1280

From Lyon, France

@Thread

Could someone check YouTube with Odyssey (to be sure I am not the only one with the proble)? It seems the page cannot be displayed anymore (doesn't work either with Odyssey 1.26 on MorphOS).

Google must have changed something.

When trying to play a video directly from Google, YouTube video is played but there is no possibility to switch to fullscreen.

[ Edited by Spectre660 10.06.2020 - 11:12 ]
  • »10.06.20 - 14:11
    connor
    Quote:

KennyR wrote:
    Quote:

connor wrote:

If it was that simple, people wouldn't use YT at all.

"Hey, I'll upload my video to Vimeo so millions of people will see it" said no-one ever.

With your argument you have to immediately stop using MorphOS and switch to Android.
  • »10.06.20 - 14:17
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Quote:

KennyR wrote:
    Just google being wankers again. I block so much of YouTube that there isn't much left: recommended videos, trending, ads, nerve reminder to log in, attempts to get me to use Chrome, etc.

Every so often they change the site and it breaks everything with scripts, third party YT tools and mirror sites, in an attempt to force-feed us their ads and sell off our viewing preferences to scary faceless corporations. It never occurs to them that we use scripts and mirror sites to avoid all that bullshit.

If only we could dump google and get this content somewere else.

I am on LBRY.tv now. Many others as well and even more will follow....
  • »10.06.20 - 17:51
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    Quote:

Brumiga schrieb:
    @Amigaharry2,

I am in france. I have just tried with my macmini and youtube works fine without any spoofing. It is just a little bit slow with the macmini which has only 512 mb. Have you tried to clean owb ? Delete in /conf all *.db files there and in /conf/localstorage every file *.* also.

Brumiga

Has nothing to do with OWB-config. This behaviour startet 3 days ago as follows:

First there where only a few videos displayed in that "new design". They could'nt be played, while the others doing well. Next day most videos where in new style. On 3rd day all videos on YT-surface are changed.
    If I have the (YT)URL of a video, I can play it directly in OWB. But from YT-frontend no more actions are possible. I think its only a question of time, till YT has changed worldwide......

Edit: Cleared all YT-cookies and its running (for the moment), but further shows outdated-browser-warning. Think, it won't take a long time and the game starts again......

[ Editiert durch Amigaharry2 10.06.2020 - 21:22 ]
  • »10.06.20 - 18:10
    KennyR
    I've only noticed one change recently on YT where the imbedded video progress bar now can have sections. I wasn't aware of it before this week.

Newpipe, dl-youtube and so on still work, so I don't think there have been any major changes in html layout this year.

I've also seen the site hold up my adblock for several seconds at the start of a video, but it doesn't seem to be doing it right now.

Have you tried m.youtube.com instead?
  • »10.06.20 - 20:41
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    Redirects to youtube.com......
  • »10.06.20 - 22:13
    KennyR
    Quote:

Amigaharry2 wrote:
    Redirects to youtube.com......

Youtube will assume any browser useragents not on its (small) list are always desktop ones. In that case it'll throw you straight to m.youtube.com/?app=desktop. Extremely irritating behaviour, because the site should give you what you asked for, not what it thinks you asked for.

If you can spoof useragent, try something like iPhone or Android.

This is not really a solution ecause you'll get redirected to mobile sites all over the internet when using OWB and that's definitely not a good thing. But if does work it might give you an idea of what's going wrong.
  • »10.06.20 - 22:22
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    If I spoof Iphone it also redirects. But then a text appears: "We have redirected you to youtube.com. If you want back to mobile version press here!"
    Really interessting: youtube knows on waht frontend I'm sitting......
  • »11.06.20 - 06:46
  • ASiegel
    Quote:

Amigaharry2 wrote:
    If I spoof Iphone it also redirects. But then a text appears: "We have redirected you to youtube.com. If you want back to mobile version press here!"
    Really interessting: youtube knows on waht frontend I'm sitting......

They will know your screen resolution / browser window size.

Odyssey would need to be tweaked to fake these numbers. (The "outerWindow" value is not even implemented and always reported as "0" currently.)
  • »11.06.20 - 06:58
    KennyR
    They seem to have improved their site's ability to force people to use the YouTube app.

It's crazy. I have Android devices perfectly capable of playing YT videos but that either won't run the modern app or run the Google Play services the modern app would need. When I use the browser I do get the mobile site but videos are limited to 360p for no good reason. When I use my Amazon Fire, it repeatedly tries to get me to run the YT app.

You could also try the frontend that SMPlayer browser uses, http://www.tonvid.com/.

As always, the problem with these second-party YT interfaces is that they don't recommend similar videos. You don't end up being shoveled crap you don't want, but you also feel like you're trying to navigate the site blind.
  • »11.06.20 - 22:44
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Korni
    Quote:

KennyR wrote:
    They seem to have improved their site's ability to force people to use the YouTube app.

I use firefox on android (and other platforms) and I don't have such problems, 1080p or higher works fine.
    http://korni.ppa.pl/modkowypaczek/ | My Rifle, My Bunny, and Me
  • »12.06.20 - 17:20
    Profile Visit Website
    KennyR
    Quote:

Korni wrote:
    Quote:

KennyR wrote:

I use firefox on android (and other platforms) and I don't have such problems, 1080p or higher works fine.

It's often to do with whether Google validated your device or not. Mainstream devices like Google or Samsung probably won't have problems. As soon as you get off the beaten track though...
  • »12.06.20 - 20:58
  • Just looking around
    I have exactly the same issue which started at lunchtime today in London. Tried everything and it's still the same. Came online to see if anyone else was having issues and found your post

Let's hope it fixes itself. If it doesn't then let's hope a new script can be put together by someone
  • »30.06.20 - 22:49
  • Just looking around
    Still the same today I was hoping it would be a temporary issue. But looks to be more permanent unfortunately

Paul
  • »01.07.20 - 08:15