• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

Flash wrote:
    Os4emu developing seems to be stopped some years ago.
    Do you know is there will be any new version? Is there a possibility to release the source code so others can continue developing it?

It seems to me that OS4 and MorphOS have grown further apart in how they work, over the last few years. So, it might be much more difficult to make OS4emu work now, than it was when it was first created, but I'm just guessing, and have no technical knowledge to support my guess at what might be preventing further work on OS4emu. Certainly the graphics systems for OS4 and MorphOS have become more different, with Bigfoot (and others) work on video card drivers seeming to me to focus on a more traditional way of writing drivers and trying to provide 3D support, where OS4 seems to be using more compositing (until recently perhaps), to provide some 3D functionality. Hans appears to be doing some amazing work in providing new drivers for OS4, and adding new functions and features, but it just seems to me that our MorphOS team members working on video card drivers and graphics support in general are doing things differently, which might make updating OS4emu more difficult. Again, this is all just a guess on my part, as I don't know if any of what I have just written is true or not.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »05.04.20 - 14:43