New Modern Webkit-based Browser In Development
  • man
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    man
    i m not sure but the size of video is not the same on youtube and i have update hollywood only
    i don t know what happens
    more faster ok for all
    thanks
  • »19.12.23 - 22:33
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Primax
    Quote:

jacadcaps schrieb:
    The menu may not always work. It's meant as a workaround for sites that don't want to play on their own. Use normal YT controls and you'll be fine.

Honestly, I am bit confused because I had memorised that I should use the menu for fast-forwarding etc. But for stopping and playing I am supposed to use YouTube?

At least, double clicing in the middle of the video worked! Thanks, DayWalker!

There are not any proper YouTube controls. At least here, I cannot use the lower time slider. Does not work.

Apart from that: thanks for the new version! :)

PS: Wait!!! Just installed the latest version, and what shall I say? For the very first time, I can actually use the time slider!! It works! :)

[ Editiert durch Primax 19.12.2023 - 20:57 ]
    AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon X1650 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition / MorphOS 3.17
    Amiga1200 / Blizzard 1230 IV PiStorm32-lite / 128 MB RAM / AmigaOS 3.9
  • »19.12.23 - 20:51
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Stevo
    Incredible!
    ---
    http://www.iki.fi/sintonen/logs/its_only_football.txt
  • »19.12.23 - 16:42
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Wayfarer 7.2 is now available, with the WebKit engine just 4 days behind the release of WebKitGTK 2.42.4.

2.42.4 addresses crashes in JavaScript, WebCore and several rendering issues.

Please update using the Check for Update & Autoupdate functionality built into Wayfarer.

Note: I've adjusted the maximum string length in WebKit to 64MB (from the original 2GB that makes no sense on 32bit architectures). While I do not anticipate problems, something might have broken. Do report if you find a site that worked OK with 7.1 but does not with 7.2.
  • »19.12.23 - 15:31
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    The menu may not always work. It's meant as a workaround for sites that don't want to play on their own. Use normal YT controls and you'll be fine.
  • »18.12.23 - 14:42
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    Quote:

Primax wrote:
    Again I tested behaviour of YouTube videos with Wayfarer 7.1: here, on a X5000, it stopping a video definitely does not work.

I run a m.youtube video:
    - if I try to pause it via cmd+Enter, then the video pauses for 20 seconds. This way it should work?? If yes, how can I stop it??
    - if I try to pause it via menu, then the video only pauses for 5 or six seconds.

Please, can anybody check this?

Thanks!

I tested it on my G5 and I can stop it via clicking twice in the middle of the video (don't know if it's a desired behaviour). When I stop it, it stays like that until I click again in the middle of the video to continue playing.
  • »18.12.23 - 09:35
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Primax
    Again I tested behaviour of YouTube videos with Wayfarer 7.1: here, on a X5000, it stopping a video definitely does not work.

I run a m.youtube video:
    - if I try to pause it via cmd+Enter, then the video pauses for 20 seconds. This way it should work?? If yes, how can I stop it??
    - if I try to pause it via menu, then the video only pauses for 5 or six seconds.

Please, can anybody check this?

Thanks!
    AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon X1650 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition / MorphOS 3.17
  • »18.12.23 - 08:02
    Profile Visit Website
  • rms
    rms
    Tanks very much for this new version, which runs very well here and much faster that previous versions, really great!

Thanks a lot also for having added "Save as text..." and "Save as HTML..", very helpful for me!
  • »18.12.23 - 04:48
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    When I started up v7.1 of Wayfarer I got a system error flash and sound, that I never got when I used earlier versions of Wayfarer.

Anyone else had this trouble, &/or know what might be causing it ... or more importantly how to fix it? :-?

I had a quick look in the LogTool, but I didn't see anything obvious that was related to Wayfarer, but that is exactly when I seem to get the screen flash & system error sound - on Wayfarer v7.1 starting up.

I have started up v7.0 and when I start it up I don't get the system error sound/flash that I do get with v7.1 ... v7.1 does start/load but I would have preferred to understand what was causing the issue rather than anything else.

[UPDATE] Anyway, I ended up swapping over a fresh download-archive of the program and now having copied that into my original installation directory the fresh installation seems to have resolved the problem, though what the problem was I have no idea. :-(
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »18.12.23 - 02:43
  • man
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    man
    youtube works perfectly now
    thanks
    not use chrome if you don t want the size of the video changing
    if you look a lot of videos then less memory too
    i dont use yt 2.4 for the moment
  • »14.12.23 - 18:54
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    Wow - Cool!! The requester does also now, what he should....
    To take a screenshot is also very usefull.
    Thank you!!
    Peg2, 3xPowerMac G5, 2xPowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T and life is never boring.....
  • »13.12.23 - 21:27
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    vulture
    awesome!
  • »13.12.23 - 19:42
    Stevo
    w00t! :-D
    ---
    http://www.iki.fi/sintonen/logs/its_only_football.txt
  • »13.12.23 - 16:21
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Version 7.1 is available now!

- Rebased to WebKitGTK 2.42.3
    - Fixed a network thread deadlock when resuming downloads
    - Changed the '+' button to always adds tabs at the end
    - URL bar would stay empty when moving a tab to a new window, fixed
    - Selection redraw issues fixed
    - Added Save Screenshot to the Debug menu
    - Worked around and fixed reported crashes

[ Edited by jacadcaps 13.12.2023 - 15:17 ]
  • »13.12.23 - 15:16
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    @Primax

Cloudflare does not support Wayfarer (yes, it has to be this way around).
  • »09.12.23 - 18:56
    Profile Visit Website
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Primax
    1) Obviously, kickstarter.com requires the confirmation that a human being is accessing it. When I try this website:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gamingchronicles/the-commodore-amiga-500-story-the-gaming-chronicles-ep-1

then I can confirm it, but I am not forwarded. The request comes again and again...

2) How can I get Wayfarer to stop playing a YouTube video? I can pause it via menu but where can I actually stop it?

Thanks!
  • »09.12.23 - 13:55
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Quote:

jacadcaps wrote: Oh, this is quite interesting. It's like that even in much older Wayfarer builds, though. As it also happens in WebKitGTK, I've made a bug report on webkit.org and will let them deal with it.
    Thanks for the quick response, and it must be nice, for once, to be able to "hand-off" the work to others, rather than having to DIY! 8-D

IIRC often when extracting images from MS based, sometimes MSWord based/saved PDFs the images that you got out of such a PDF were also extracted in horizontally reversed format! :-?

Is there any likelihood that all of this is a weird sort of endian issue? 8-D
    Quote:

ghh wrote: If you click on the little cross in the white circle (top left), the images will be flipped as they should be. But it's really weird.
    Well as that's the closing gadget (which I'm sure you know) who would have thought it would swap the layout of the GUI on that webpage - that in itself is just too weird ... and it's no wonder I missed that "trick"! However, it's great that you found out that it did that, so thanks! 8-D

ALSO ... I just realised that if you hover the mouse pointer over the arrowheads (< >) in the GUI the text that pops-up reads "Flip left", "Flip right" - and if you click on the gadgets the left-hand arrowhead it does nothing, and if you click on the right-hand arrowhead it moves the CD image into better view, but UPWARDS, not SIDEWAYS (Left-or Right), and if you then click on the left-hand arrowhead it does nothing, so the CUCD cover image remains out of view! You can of course use the scrollbar to bring the cover image back into view. Then, If you click on the "Thumbnail view" gadget then the images are made much smaller, and are then placed side-by-side, as it seems is the intention, but if you click on one of the images then they go back to being displayed one above the other, as before. If you use the circle gadget to move the images Up (Left) and Down (Right) in the horizontal slider then with the GUI the right way round the gadgets work as they should, but if they are back to front you have to click close to the first button to get the images to swap positions. So, the handling in this GUI is wrong ... very wrong, at least for we Wayfarer (WebKit) users. :-D
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »09.12.23 - 05:58
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    This one:
    46743013zr.jpg

As you can see, partition CacheCD: is choosen for download, but it is ignored and stored nevertheless to RAM: (which is set in prefs...).
    Previous versions of Wayfarer does'nt do that.
    Peg2, 3xPowerMac G5, 2xPowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T and life is never boring.....
  • »08.12.23 - 22:34
  • ghh
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    ghh
    @NewSense
    If you click on the little cross in the white circle (top left), the images will be flipped as they should be. But it's really weird.
  • »08.12.23 - 22:24
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    @Amigaharry2

Which one? There's 3 requesters that can set the downloads path and there's 2 downloads paths stored (regular one and download-as one).
  • »08.12.23 - 20:22
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    Another strange thing: Requester for download-path has no function. Path is always set to prefs, no matter what's choosen in requester.

[ Editiert durch Amigaharry2 08.12.2023 - 19:07 ]
  • »08.12.23 - 19:06
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    @NewSense

Oh, this is quite interesting. It's like that even in much older Wayfarer builds, though. As it also happens in WebKitGTK, I've made a bug report on webkit.org and will let them deal with it.
  • »08.12.23 - 13:39
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    When I visit Wayback machine - actually this page - CU Amiga CD11 then the images for the CD covers are reversed as though its images have been flipped. I feel sure that the website would not have done this, but I have a feeling that Wayfarer v7.0 is mishandling it somehow? :-?

In fact the whole frame to view the images in is reversed, as the numbers in the frame are reading back to front as 1 to 2 is horizontally reversed, and the loading button is across on the right, whereas it would be on the left usually - as in the Western world we read from left to right, and this all seems to be the opposite way round - like looking at the image from the viewpoint of staring at it reflected from a mirror.

Anyone else come across anything else of a similar nature? ;-)
  • »08.12.23 - 07:44
  • man
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    man
    no problem
    it s only when you use paypal and the email is not working for me but when i click the mouse ( the right) work after all
    thanks
  • »07.12.23 - 18:20
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    @man

I'm sorry but I cannot read your mind. I have no idea what it is you've tried to do exactly. A URL would help, for the start.
  • »07.12.23 - 16:53
    Profile Visit Website