New Modern Webkit-based Browser In Development
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    @ jacadcaps - I hadn't noticed the Back/Forward key options you have now implemented, that I requested quite some time ago - THANKS. I had not expected to find them in their very own separate 'History' menu option, though I didn't notice them mentioned in the newly added features to Wayfarer when v5.1 was released, or did I just 'blink' :-o and overlook that information in the release notes?

Also, thanks for looking into Wayfarer's HTTP2 error handling currently being too strict, and I look forward to a 'tweaked' version to fix this annoying issue, once you've recovered from all your efforts in getting the v3.18 release out to us all. For which I offer my usual gratitude to you, and everyone else who's associated with the MorphOS Development Team, involved in making it happen - many thanks to you, one and all. 8-D
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »15.05.23 - 03:10
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    @ jacadcaps - Well I didn't have sufficient intuition or information there to realise about ASL not being derived as part of Intuition, so thanks for correcting my thinking on that score. ;-)

So why does the ASL requster that pops-up when saving a file in Wayfarer not allow the Command (Amiga)+N (New Folder) or any of the other Command (Amiga) + 'keys' (Delete, Rename, Parent, etc.) to generate the action it does with OWB (Odyssey), even though you can use the menu/mouse to choose one of those options by highlighting one? :-?
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »15.05.23 - 02:41
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    @NewSense

ASL is actually part of MUI these days and has never been a part of inuition. Did you find the Back hotkey, btw? :)

@All

I was made aware of github.com being very slow with Wayfarer. A fix has just entered testing.
  • »15.05.23 - 01:53
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Quote:

jacadcaps wrote: - Download As asl's path can now be stored separately from the standard download path
    What would be even better IMHO would be for Wayfarer to remember where it was 'pointed' to download a file into a specific directory the last time a download was initiated using the 'Download linked file as' actually 'to' as that is often where you have to keep redirecting the ASL requester, by choosing from the 'Directory History' the 2nd option from that ASL option, in effect Wayfarer is by-passing, not utilising, the underlying MorphOS 'Intuition' capabilities to do the 'heavy lifting' it seems to me.

OWB-Odyssey uses this Intuition ASL capability very well, and I just wish it was incorporated in Wayfarer. 8-)

Having a separate 'set this path as default' option usually doesn't send the file to where you want to keep it in every circumstance, but having Intuition 'catch'/'remember' the likely place on a second 'Download linked file as' would save many such circumstances of otherwise having to use the 'Directory History' option to re-direct the file to where you actually want it to be saved. Well it certainly would for me. 8-D

I can obviously live with the small amount of effort required to download the file where I really want it to be saved, but it is certainly a 'niggle'. ;-)

Having said that 5.1 seems to be working very well, so thanks a lot, to you and others for all your efforts who have made this version as good as it is. :-D
  • »15.04.23 - 03:19
  • Just looking around
    Quote:

Amigaharry2 wrote:
    Thank you Jacad for updateing Wayfarer and Iris - als allways: brilliant work!

Seconded... It's impressive how far Wayfarer has come in terms of improved features and performance in such a short time! Thank you!
  • »14.04.23 - 13:40
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    Thank you Jacad for updateing Wayfarer and Iris - als allways: brilliant work!
    Peg2, 3xPowerMac G5, 2xPowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T and life is never boring.....
  • »14.04.23 - 09:27
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Stevo
    \o/
    ---
    http://www.iki.fi/sintonen/logs/its_only_football.txt
  • »13.04.23 - 22:31
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Wayfarer 5.1 is now out.

- Fixed a MediaSource player crash if the incoming chunk has a higher # of streams than the current chunk
    - Download As asl's path can now be stored separately from the standard download path
    - Avoid redraws when WebKit calls a scroll function despite offsets not changing
    - Improved tab key navigation
    - Hotkey tweaks
  • »13.04.23 - 14:58
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Added? No. Adapted? Quite possibly.
  • »02.04.23 - 00:14
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    @ DayWalker - thanks for suggesting Vimium web-browser keyboard extension for Firefox, but as it sadly doesn't work with Wayfarer (as yet? ;-)) we can't use this functionality on Wayfarer, though it would be a nice feature enhancement if it did in the near future or some other script was written to allow this functionailty.

It was probably somekind of early version of Vimium web-browser keyboard extension that was incorporated in Firefox's Tools/Settings that I came across that I found quite useful, that has since been removed but that had similar functionality incorporated in it, that this extension now has and can be used with numerous browsers, sadly not Wayfarer as yet. :-(

@ jacadcaps - do you mean Vimium web-browser keyboard extension could be added to Wayfarer by way of a script? :-?
  • »01.04.23 - 05:39
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    @DayWalker

I'm sure one could easily add this as a Wayfarer user script, too.
  • »30.03.23 - 15:51
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    @NewSense - for FF you can use Vimium C extension, which gives you power to reach anything with keyboard easily.

I know this isn't relevant to Wayfarer but you mentioned FF so there is solution to that one.
  • »30.03.23 - 13:03
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    @ jacadcaps - thanks for taking the trouble to reply to my query. ;-)

I seem to remember that Firefox used to have an option to 'turn on' that allowed you to move on a web page from one link to another using the Tab key, but of more recent releases that feature seems to have been removed, which I found very useful, and is now sadly missed. :-(
  • »30.03.23 - 04:37
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Quote:

NewSense wrote:
    Is it do-able for Wayfarer to recognise 'Tab' keypresses so that it can go to each and every link, or selected page links on a webpage, instead of having to do almost every action with a mouse-click? :-?

WebKit doesn't have a feature like that.
  • »29.03.23 - 18:33
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Thanks IKE and thanks to all those who donated to the project.
  • »24.03.23 - 19:41
    Profile Visit Website
  • IKE
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    IKE
    Keep up the good work! Donation sent!
    IKE

MacMini G4 1.5Ghz/PowerBook G4 1.67Ghz/PowerMac G5 2.0Ghz DP 7,2 Radeon 9650/256MB

Join the conversation @ r/morphos
  • »24.03.23 - 00:29
    Profile Visit Website
    Cool_amigaN
    Words can't describe how good this browser is. Wayfarer provides the best internet experience on amiga land ever imo :)

Btw, on Downloads tab, selecting an item which has been downloaded and user hits "DEL" key, shouldn't remove it from the list?

In case it is being currently downloading, a requester shouldn't pop up with a warning to confirm deleting since file is currently active?

Anyway, not a biggie, Wayfarer already has the best possible features a user could ask :)
    Amiga gaming Tribute: Watch, rate, comment :)
  • »20.03.23 - 20:54
    Profile Visit Website
    Tcheko
    Quote:

NewSense wrote:
    Is it do-able for Wayfarer to recognise 'Tab' keypresses so that it can go to each and every link, or selected page links on a webpage, instead of having to do almost every action with a mouse-click? :-?

[...]

I'm still hoping that there will be a 'Back' and 'Forward' keypress implemented for Wayfarer in the near future, as that too would be very useful, well it would be for me. ;-)

User script could probably do that.
    Quelque soit le chemin que tu prendras dans la vie, sache que tu auras des ampoules aux pieds.
    -------
    I need to practice my Kung Fu.
  • »16.03.23 - 16:58
    Profile Visit Website
  • ASiegel
    @NewSense

Websites can completely disable tab presses as well as manage the order of selection (via "tabindex").

Browsers are not necessarily at fault if something does not work the way you might expect it would.

Based on a quick test and your description, Wayfarer appears to behave just like Firefox on MorphZone.
  • »16.03.23 - 15:45
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense

For example, on M-Zone's pages it only finds the Search Input box and Search 'action' button fairly near the top of the webpage, and then it heads far 'south' where it next finds the 'Quick Reply' text input box, and the Reply and Preview buttons, and then it 'exits' the page to the 'far north' to the Wayfarer browser buttons/menus, which seems quite limited in its usefulness.

Some browsers seem to have this option 'selectable' but even though I know Wayfarer is very limited, in not having a huge 'human-resource power' in so far as not having many people in the team to create and improve it, the few members of the Wayfarer's small development team have done a truly remarkable job with their time and efforts, and I am sure no-one that uses, and finds it so good at what it can do, would comment otherwise. 8-D

I'm still hoping that there will be a 'Back' and 'Forward' keypress implemented for Wayfarer in the near future, as that too would be very useful, well it would be for me. ;-)
  • »16.03.23 - 12:29
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    @ jacadcaps - thanks for explaining in more detail the functionality and use of the 'Script Manager', which I really appreciate you taking more of your valuable time to answer my questions. It certainly sounds like its functionality should be made good use of. 8-D
  • »15.03.23 - 15:16
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Quote:

NewSense wrote:
    However, if you have gone to all this trouble to implement this 'script manager', then surely to ensure it works in the way you want it to you used a script to test it does what you intend it to do, so to what extent did you test this feature out?

The User Script manager had been part of Wayfarer since version 1.5. That's how the Edura inspector was added.

Quote:

I take it the 'White List' is the equivalent to the 'Allowed Sites' of OWB's script's window, and the 'Black List' is the equivalent to the 'Forbidden Sites' of OWB's script's window

Yes. Basically both lists being empty means "load on every site". Putting anything on White List means "only load on matching sites" while putting anything on Black List means "load on sites except...".

Quote:

https://youtube.com/watch*
    https://*.youtube.com/watch*
    https://youtube.*/watch*
    https://youtube-nocookie.com/watch*
    https://youtube-nocookie.*/watch*
    https://*.youtube.com/user/*

. . . also would then need to be added individually into the 'White List', is that correct?

That looks correct, yes.

Quote:

In what way would the Import/Export options deal with Wayfarer's json format? How would these options be used/useful to an everyday MorphOS user?

Once you get a script to work including white/black, etc you can export all of those settings incuding the script itself into one JSON file which you can then distribute on MorphOS Storage or whatever. It simpy bundles the JS script with its settings as one file, while Import unpacks those.

Quote:

I am just trying to figure out how useful the OWB scripts that FAB made available to us all, are still likely to be useful, even if they need to be 'tweaked' in Wayfarer, in this Script Manager you have now developed/added into your program.

I have no idea - I would imagine they are outdated.

Quote:

As I mentioned above, it seems to me, that a 'one liner' stating that there is now a 'Script Manager' in Wayfarer doesn't really explain its usefulness or method of using it fully to me, and probably many others.

I'll write up a FAQ, eventually :) I have zero interest in creating or maintaining any user scripts for Wayfarer at least, but I'll try to support anyone who would want to create one.
  • »15.03.23 - 13:42
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    @ jacadcaps - so what scripts currently have been tested with the introduction of this User Scripts Manager that originated with OWB/Odyssey in MorphOS? :-?

As a reference, the YouTube.js script that was originally intended for OWB/Odyssey seems to be correctly installed by the way I explained I did it in my previous comment #1263, and seems to be confirmed as being the correct method by you in your comments above - though there is still no mention of which parameters might need to be used/added.

However, if you have gone to all this trouble to implement this 'script manager', then surely to ensure it works in the way you want it to you used a script to test it does what you intend it to do, so to what extent did you test this feature out?

You mentioned the OWB/Odyssey script manager specifically so surely those scripts were considered or tried to see what happened when they were added, so were they tested to see how they reacted, or was some other script tested?

I take it the 'White List' is the equivalent to the 'Allowed Sites' of OWB's script's window, and the 'Black List' is the equivalent to the 'Forbidden Sites' of OWB's script's window, so parameters for the scrips to work seem to be needed to be added into those sections additionally for the script to function as intended, so for the YouTube.js script the additional 'Allowed Sites' parameters of:

https://youtube.com/watch*
    https://*.youtube.com/watch*
    https://youtube.*/watch*
    https://youtube-nocookie.com/watch*
    https://youtube-nocookie.*/watch*
    https://*.youtube.com/user/*

. . . also would then need to be added individually into the 'White List', is that correct?

Originally the parameters of the script were "http" based, but I have not added them as they would seem to be irrelevant in any case these days. ;-)

In what way would the Import/Export options deal with Wayfarer's json format? How would these options be used/useful to an everyday MorphOS user?

I am just trying to figure out how useful the OWB scripts that FAB made available to us all, are still likely to be useful, even if they need to be 'tweaked' in Wayfarer, in this Script Manager you have now developed/added into your program.

As I mentioned above, it seems to me, that a 'one liner' stating that there is now a 'Script Manager' in Wayfarer doesn't really explain its usefulness or method of using it fully to me, and probably many others.

So, I'm just asking for some clarification on what you intended it to be used for, seeing as you mentioned the OWB scripts in the first place, even though you state that . . . Quote:

jacadcaps wrote "whether a script adapted for OWB will work or not I cannot say"
    Why not - were the original OWB scripts not tested at all, or are you, or someone else, intending to supply some useful 'known to be working/functional' scripts to use with Wayfarer, to make the Script Manager actually useful? :-?
  • »15.03.23 - 01:21
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    @NewSense

Basically all you need to do is to Add a new script, then select the file via the Path popup button and hit Apply. Import/Export only deal with Wayfarer's json format.

Of course, whether a script adapted for OWB will work or not I cannot say. It should be possible to debug those in the WebInspector.
  • »14.03.23 - 10:44
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Quote:

jacadcaps wrote: Wayfarer 5 also introduces the User Scripts Manager known from Odyssey.

So, how do the scripts get imported, and where from these days? :-?

If I try to import, for example, the YouTube_EZDownload.js script clicking on the import option brings up a requester, but the script file is not recognised in the requester, nor can it be typed into the input field and imported that way either, as the whole scripts GUI remains basically blank. Having checked for a bit longer though I also noticed the Add option in the top section of that Script GUI and then realised by doing that there is a 'tiny' system gadget 'unghosted' to click on to find a file within the system HDDs and directories, and then the script can be selected, but even once that is added and then "Apply"-d, then the script is shown in the top section of the GUI but initiaily it didn't seem to do anything, but eventually a bottom-right-side menu is generated, but is this the correct way to use it/them, or is there some other way to import/recognise the script files?

The script files as an archive doesn't seem to be on MorphOS-Storage to download? :-?

Though I can see that some of them are still on FAB's OWB Script folder, but some of them don't seem to be on there, and I can't remember where I got the rest of them from that worked with OWB originally anyway, though it could have been via Grunch, which doesn't seem to do what it "says on the tin" as it is still http: only I believe, so cannot access some sites (https:) where files are/were hosted. :-(

Though there are some instructions on Wayfarer's FAQ page for some features of Wayfarer that might seem to need some instructions as to how to set them up, there is no information on how these newly implemented Scripts options are supposed to work, which would be very helpful if such instructions were added. 8-D
  • »14.03.23 - 04:57