New Modern Webkit-based Browser In Development
  • MorphOS Developer
    Piru
    @Cool_amigaN

AFAIK ftp protocol is not supported.

Both Chrome and Firefox were initially planning to remove FTP support in summer 2020. The removal has been postponed due to the global situation (COVID-19).

[ Edited by Piru 10.10.2020 - 01:05 ]
  • »09.10.20 - 23:03
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Divinity
    great work guys !

Only a question, will be there a way to see youtube videos ?

thanks

[ Edited by Divinity 10.10.2020 - 00:44 ]
  • »10.10.20 - 00:43
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Quote:

Cool_amigaN wrote:
    Wayfarer failed, since download doesn't seem to start (it is mentioned on the download tab though). OWB 1.26 succeeded however.

There is no FTP support in Wayfarer. Not planned either.
  • »10.10.20 - 01:10
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    So, Wayfarer v1.1 seems to have solved the BB Code, Smileys, and Signature box issues, as well as the Parcel2Go main webpage logo, along with the PayPal "Bell" (Summary) and "Cog" (Settings), and with Wayfarer we can now actually view those PayPal settings with Wayfarer, once we've logged in going through the ReCaptcha process successfully, instead of having to use some "alien" web-browser - what a treat ! 8-)

@ jacadcaps - Great job, Jacek

The only thing if there's no FTP support in Wayfarer then we'd probably have to keep OWB for such downloads as I don't see that functionality being withdrawn by Amiga based sites for the moment - if they can operate without Windows support to provide that functionality.

I don't know what or if this request is on your current to-do list, but I'd like to see a "Confirm Quit" requester, and a few more keyboard options, additional to the ones I already asked about, those additional ones being, Back and Forward keyboard options, as I see there's now a Reload keyboard shortcut, but it would be good to have Text based or Text+Icon based menu options.

Maybe you could have your to-do list shown on here as a reference and when you've added that feature mark it as done so users know what's already been requested and OK'd by you, and know what's going to be implemented when you get around to it, then you don't keep getting requests for the same feature(s) over and over again?

Have you figured out why the Active Tab cannot be highlighted via MUI at the moment? As it's still not working in v1.1, but other than that, considering the brief period of time since you released v1.0 you've fixed, and added a good few things to make the browser even better, you're a wiz-kid it seems at what you do. I know, it's something of an understatement. 8-D

[EDIT] - I forgot to ask, when is printing likely to get enabled in Wayfarer - before video/audio? :-?

[ Edited by NewSense 10.10.2020 - 03:37 ]
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »10.10.20 - 03:16
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Unfortunately, FTP simply doesn't work with the Curl backend in WebCore. I'd have to fix/implement this. Doesn't make sense where you can setup Transfer in OpenURL.
  • »10.10.20 - 03:26
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    For FTP: use a FTP client.

Do you consider adding F5 shortcut for Reload?
  • »10.10.20 - 16:17
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps

Something for 1.2...
  • »13.10.20 - 18:01
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Nice improvement to look forward to! 8-)

Did you notice the issues I mentioned on the "Wayfarer 1.1 released" thread, where I stated there are issues with

Bubbles/Tab previews Black/no gfx
    An option to "Save As" for Downloads
    "phantom" (corrupt graphics) Tabs
    ebay messages - no mouse right-click context menu

Also, I was trying to download a PDF from an attachment via my access to my ISP webmail, and using the download options available with Wayfarer v1.1 the only downloads I got were a text file from the email, and not the actual PDF - anyone else reported this issue? :-?

Also, some error and Download requesters seem to open half on, half-off the edge of the top left of the screen, and as they have no menu bar, even though they open with the menu bar options in the top edge (Wayfarer/Edit/View/Bookmarks/etc.,) when that menu is selected in the MUI options, even with the MorphOS Control key options, so you still cannot move the requester on-screen, so all you can do it seems is Cancel the requester, as you cannot view the other option on the far left of the requester window as it's unviewable/off-screen - anyone else reported this issue? :-?

[ Edited by NewSense 13.10.2020 - 18:46 ]
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »13.10.20 - 18:27
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Version 1.2 is now out:

Implemented Quick Links
    Implemented favicons
    Enabled support for WebP images
    Updated libcurl
    Fixed blob: support
    Fixed file name encoding and cookie issues in downloads
    Fixed Bookmarks menus to show more depth levels
    Fixed a crash on exit caused by the password autofill manager
    Fixed a crash on exit in WebCore's fileapi
    Fixed Copy image URL context menu function

https://wayfarer.icu
  • »18.10.20 - 02:04
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    discreetfx
    Nice progress on this modern browser, great work, thanks.
    DiscreetFX
    Making your
    Digital Films
    More Effective!
  • »18.10.20 - 03:33
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    I cannot see the Settings text in the menu of Wayfarer v1.2. I have the MUI text set to Black text, but the text is either white or invisible (it might as well be) so I know where the menu options should be, but I cannot see them, so I can trigger the options "Start, Browser, Display, Interface, Caching, Downloads, Security . . or . . All" but it's hit+miss as I cannot actually see the one or any I want to choose.

If I click on the MUI settings button, when I'm in the Wayfarer v1.2 browser Settings window then the Wayfarer "meditates" - something is wrong it seems.

I saw the extended Bookmarks levels, so that's great - how did you manage that as I thought it was "banjaxed" with an issue with Intuition? :-?

I've not seen the favicons as yet as I tried to load a second window and then got the issue with Settings, so I've not done anything else with v1.2 as yet, as I'd like to know what the unviewable text in Settings is caused by and why MUI is going into "meditation".

I meant to ask before if you can implement a requester as a fail-safe to query immediate Quitting and have a Cancel option from Wayfarer as clicking in the Quit button does just that, but without any query. So, if there was something you ddn't mean to leave the browser due to - this data would be lost - probably a download that is running in the background that might get overlooked otherwise, though you might have already catered for that eventuality, but an instantaneous quit is not ideal, well not for me/probably other users too.

[ Edited by NewSense 18.10.2020 - 07:16 ]
  • »18.10.20 - 03:48
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Cego
    I have activated quicklinks, but it wont appear in the browser. Anything else i need to consider to make this work?
    When activated, the space will increase by 3-4 pixels between the Tabtitle and the URL String, but no buttons at all.

ok, seems that existing Bookmarks won't be added automatically. You have to visit every single page and select add to quicklinks (or whatever the english translation is) from the menu.

[ Edited by Cego 18.10.2020 - 10:19 ]
    Pegasos II G4 @1.0GHz, 1GB DDR Ram, Radeon 9200Pro, 240GB SSD+160GB HD, MorphOS 3.18, AmigaOS4.1 FE, Debian 8
  • »18.10.20 - 10:14
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Writing this from 1.2. Good job!
  • »18.10.20 - 13:10
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Quote:

NewSense wrote:
    I cannot see the Settings text in the menu of Wayfarer v1.2.

That sounds interesting. Could you provide screenshots and debug logs? Might be hard to figure out without those.

As for a quit requester: there already is one if there are pending downloads.
  • »18.10.20 - 13:19
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Daff
    Quote:

jacadcaps wrote:
    That sounds interesting. Could you provide screenshots and debug logs? Might be hard to figure out without those.
    As for a quit requester: there already is one if there are pending downloads.

Yes, I also confirm this.

The text in Settings menu and even the Download and Bookmarks menus are invisibles.

Screenshot:
    http://obligement.free.fr/gfx3/wayfarer12_bogue_prefs.png

BTW, I will publish a review of Wayfarer 1.0/1.1/1.2 very soon.
    Obligement - L'Amiga au maximum
    http://obligement.free.fr
  • »18.10.20 - 16:13
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Quote:

Daff wrote:
    http://obligement.free.fr/gfx3/wayfarer12_bogue_prefs.png

Mind sharing your MUI config ? (global + wayfarer). Thanks.
  • »18.10.20 - 18:09
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Please make sure Escape key doesn't quit Wayfarer without warning in the next release. I'm using it for stopping pages from loading.
  • »18.10.20 - 18:33
  • MorphOS Developer
    zukow
    In mui applications ESC usually close the window. Nothing odd here.
  • »18.10.20 - 18:43
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    The esc key can be configured in MUI settings for Wayfarer.
  • »18.10.20 - 18:57
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Jacadcaps: Thanks, I removed it. :)
  • »18.10.20 - 19:20
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Quote:

NewSense wrote: I cannot see the Settings text in the menu of Wayfarer v1.2.

Quote:

jacadcaps wrote: That sounds interesting. Could you provide screenshots and debug logs? Might be hard to figure out without those.

I'll send you a debug log to your usual gmail email address, if that is still active, or would you prefer it to be sent to a different location, even the MorphOS "Report a Bug" or to the "support" email for MorphOS? As it will be too large to put on here.

Did you also want my MUI.prefs, Wayfarer.prefs files sent to you, or was it some other files that you required? I'll wait to hear back from you as to what/where/if you need them sent to you as well.

I believe someone else has already offered you screenshots of the "invisible" text - mine will be very similar, and of course if anyone else also then goes into MUI Settings while on the Wayfarer Settings page then they will get the same "meditation" from the program.
    Quote:

jacadcaps wrote:As for a quit requester: there already is one if there are pending downloads.

Yes, but it would also be good to have a confirmation "Quit" requester, as a means of non-accidental quitting while actively browsing. It seems to have worked well in OWB, and it's a tried-tested method of program quitting functionality, and frankly I'm surprised you didn't implement it on that basis.

[ Edited by NewSense 18.10.2020 - 19:41 ]
  • »18.10.20 - 19:23
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    GMail will work just fine. I haven't been able to repro your issue here so I can only guess as what's happening.

Put the 'Quit requester' on the todo...
  • »18.10.20 - 19:34
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    OK, I'll send you an email to your gmail address with the details you want from me.

[EDIT] - email and attachments now sent to "jacadcaps" gmail account

[ Edited by NewSense 18.10.2020 - 21:24 ]
  • »18.10.20 - 19:54
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Version 1.3 is out now with

Minor perofrmance improvements, mostly on G5
    Fixed lists in settings displaying no text, sometimes crashing (read: worked around MUI issues)
    Fixed url string background offsets
    Activate an exiting tab instead of adding a new one for downloads/bookmarks/settings
    Fixed tab buttons becoming invisible or corrupt on some configs
    Fixed an issue where adding a link to quick links via menu would display them in a wrong location in the Bookmarks tab
    Fixed quicklink buttons to respect releasing mouse of of button bounds
  • »19.10.20 - 04:58
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    Quote:

Daff wrote:

BTW, I will publish a review of Wayfarer 1.0/1.1/1.2 very soon.

Do you have to restart your writing every other day because of the pace new releases are coming...?

;-)
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »19.10.20 - 07:29