New Modern Webkit-based Browser In Development
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    For some reason, Google login requires changing a user-agent for now, but after you've logged in, it's all good :)

• »19.04.20 - 19:36
    Profile Visit Website
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    How do you get around the trouble of being locked out because of using an 'unsafe' or 'unknown' device?
    I have this sort of problems all the time with Google/Youtube even from the same network, just by using a different tablet or computer...
    There is an option in the google account but still checking mails with a different client creates trouble.

[ Edited by amifrog 19.04.2020 - 20:56 ]
  • »19.04.20 - 19:55
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Quote:

How do you get around the trouble of being locked out because of using an 'unsafe' or 'unknown' device?

I haven't seen anything like this with this browser. Probably just because it identifies itself as Safari and is - for the most part - Safari.
  • »19.04.20 - 20:20
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Cego
    what about PPC JIT? Any plans on integrating this?

OWB JIT is significantly faster on my Peg2. it would really boost up the performance on all machines
    Pegasos II G4 @1.0GHz, 1GB DDR Ram, Radeon 9200Pro, 240GB SSD+160GB HD, MorphOS 3.18, AmigaOS4.1 FE, Debian 8
  • »19.04.20 - 22:03
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Zylesea
    Quote:

jacadcaps schrieb:
    For some reason, Google login requires changing a user-agent for now, but after you've logged in, it's all good :)

Successful log in into google is some sweet stuff indeed. I hope this does not only hold true for gmail, but also for the other google services. Not being able to use some google services is really the biggest hurdle in my everyday Odyssey usage.

Good stuff indeed!
    --
    http://via.bckrs.de

Whenever you're sad just remember the world is 4.543 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie.
    ...and Matthias , my friend - RIP
  • »19.04.20 - 22:35
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    I don't use Google much (ie as little as possible), so it's a bit hard to say. That said, the ones I've tried do load and seem to work.
  • »20.04.20 - 00:04
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Quote:

Cego wrote:
    what about PPC JIT? Any plans on integrating this?

There is still a lot of other stuff that needs to be fixed/done/integrated first. I'm not going to commit to this at this time.
  • »20.04.20 - 14:14
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    Looking very good! Its nice to see things moving so fast. Cant wait to see how things progress in the coming months!
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCI-X (Registration #1894)
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCIE (Registration #6130)
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
    Need Repairs, upgrades or a recap in the USA? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com
  • »20.04.20 - 18:37
    Profile Visit Website
    Crumb
    @jacadcaps

looks nice, are there plans for accelerated Cairo?
  • »22.04.20 - 13:07
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Quote:

Crumb wrote:
    looks nice, are there plans for accelerated Cairo?

That's not in scope right now. That said, WebKit has its internal layering which would in theory use accelerated blending already in place in the system. I've looked into this and it seems feasible. Just one of the things on the long TODO list...
  • »22.04.20 - 13:21
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Well, it took a while to determine this, but layering is not feasible without going full OpenGL. Might happen, might not. For now this means that things like Google Maps will not work. If implemented, this will mean only graphics cards where tinygl works will be supported (this is runtime, the main browser will continue to work on systems without 3d). Decided to leave this for later though.

Maps may also have some JavaScript issue - I've tried VoidLinux PPC and they're also messed up there. Boy that thing is slow in QEmu. MorphOS is easily 2x faster.

I've been stumbling with other compatibility issues in the meanwhile. I've fixed a couple of things to make web.whatsapp.com load, only to be presented with an error that WebCrypto is missing. Put some work into it (thanks again Piru!) and got WebCrypto in. We've then stumbled on an issue with WebSockets (fixed by Piru again). All this work only to get whatsapp to fail showing the QR Code due to their JavaScript being little-endian only. Yes, you've heard that right. JavaScripts these days check endianness of the target system. Gave up on this but then I've stumbled on a thread with internetzel posting about this very issue. As it turns out, he made a patch that converts values in Typed Arrays into little-endian, effectively mitigating this. Managed to integrate this just now.

Anyway, here's the result:

[ Edited by jacadcaps 29.04.2020 - 17:09 ]
  • »29.04.20 - 16:05
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    MoerBoer
    You are the man!!
  • »29.04.20 - 16:30
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    kas1e
    @jadacaps
    Quote:

All this work only to get whatsapp to fail showing the QR Code due to their JavaScript being little-endian only. Yes, you've heard that right. JavaScripts these days check endianness of the target system.

Damn :( That mean some big sited will need special patching all the time :( What a suckers thos big players are .. I remember back in years, everyone who rule all that html/js/web imrovements keep told that things will be always crossplatform. But now all those big sites start to be like OS in the OS.
  • »29.04.20 - 18:42
    tolkien
    NIce to see so fast progress. Hope Telegram guys makes things a bit easier.
    MorphOS: PowerMac G5 - PowerBook G4 - MacMini.
    Classic: Amiga 1200/060 - A500 PiStorm
  • »29.04.20 - 19:22
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Zylesea
    That progress is pretty impressive (albeit I avoid whatsapp).
    Thumbs up, hats off!
    --

Whenever you're sad just remember the world is 4.543 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie.
  • »29.04.20 - 22:10
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    No luck with Telegram. Goes into a neverending loop in JS as soon as login screen loads. I’ll try to see what is going on but no promises.

Correction: it's actually very very slow, doing a lot of JS computations in the background. May become usable if we get bigfoot's JIT in. May not.

[ Edited by jacadcaps 30.04.2020 - 01:54 ]
  • »30.04.20 - 00:29
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps

Needs about 10 minutes to warm up initially, but once you log in it seems fine, also after re-loading.
  • »30.04.20 - 01:20
    Profile Visit Website
    tolkien
    Hey! That is a good new. 10 minutes seems a lot but much better than now. ;)
    MorphOS: PowerMac G5 - PowerBook G4 - MacMini.
    Classic: Amiga 1200/060 - A500 PiStorm
  • »30.04.20 - 10:18
    Crumb
    Perhaps the long web telegram load/init is caused by qemu's slow fpu emulation? Anyway even with 10 minutes wait it will be very helpful to be able to use "Telegram Web" on MorphOS.

For me it would be OK to restrict acceleration to tinyGL supported cards as most machines can be upgraded (or downgraded if you use RadeonHD) to have compatible gfx cards

We would rule out: ati rage/radeon 7000/7200/7500/voodoo3/Radeon HD... a software fallback may be enough for these.
  • »30.04.20 - 13:32
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Quote:

Crumb wrote:
    Perhaps the long web telegram load/init is caused by qemu's slow fpu emulation? Anyway even with 10 minutes wait it will be very helpful to be able to use "Telegram Web" on MorphOS.

That was on a G5/2.3GHz :)
  • »30.04.20 - 14:04
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Zylesea
    Pity Efika has so little RAM - would have been "kind of fun" to wait for ~2 hrs to start Telegram....
    --

• »30.04.20 - 14:15
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps

Notice something there? No ads :) That's full EasyList at work.
  • »05.05.20 - 13:13
    Profile Visit Website
    beworld
    Congrat, very nice work !
    IMac G5 2.1,PowerBook G4 1.5,MacMini 1.5, PowerMac G5 2.7 died !!!
    My MOS ports
  • »05.05.20 - 14:07
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    MoerBoer
    I'm so eager for this!

Can it by any miracle load : https://www.spotify.com/ ?
  • »05.05.20 - 14:14
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Spotify uses Widevine DRM, so even if audio support is added to the browser, its player will not work.

Even if we somehow managed the funds to get 2 developers certified for Widevine DRM (10kUSD, anyone?), the OS itself has no security mechanisms that'd be required to implement this.
  • »05.05.20 - 14:42
    Profile Visit Website